My Xbox series x wont read the disc. They are clean and don’t have any scratches

Discus and support My Xbox series x wont read the disc. They are clean and don’t have any scratches in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Any of the disc I have, the Xbox is not reading them. They don’t work. They are clean and not scratched 080e35f1-b6d0-43d5-a307-72df0c06dfa2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Christ09, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Christ09
    Christ09 Guest

My Xbox series x wont read the disc. They are clean and don’t have any scratches

Any of the disc I have, the Xbox is not reading them. They don’t work. They are clean and not scratched

:)

Christ09, Mar 15, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Christ09, are you referring to game discs, or does it also not read blu-ray discs for example?

Have you tried any procedure on the console, if so, which one?
  3. wildfires101 Win User

Problem with the disk entry

my xbox 360 is the old white with silver disc tray and it wont read read my black ops 2 and the disc is super clean and my warrenty is voided since my dad took my xbox apart to clean it and now it wont read any discs and it was fine yesterday since it read
    my black ops 2 disc in 1 go and the rest of my games in 1 go and i am just really confused why my xbox wont read any discs anymore and it read newer games perfectly also does the 3 ring of death effect the disc reading since i have had my xbox have the 3 ring
    of death 6 times and was fine until today so if anyone has any idea's to help me please message me and sorry for my lack of punctuation since i dont use grammar on the internet
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Map not loading

Nubalishious, do you have any scratches or smudges on the surface of your disc? I've read of some users resolving this issue by having their discs cleaned thoroughly.
  5. Militaratus Win User

Xbox Freezes only in Mass effect 3

A small addition to the given answers: If the Xbox fails to install the game, check the bottom of the disc for any scratches/smudges.

If heavily scratched, then that is what's causing your SP issues as it cannot read the disc properly. (Xbox does only basic check when you insert the disc in the console)

If smudged or unsure, then gently clean the disc with a clean and soft cloth, and try again.
  6. Mob Of The Dead Win User

If I install a disc, does that mean I can play it regardless of the disc's condition?

It reads the disc. It doesn't seem to have any problems with my disc. I've had this installed for a while, and never had any problems. I was just wondering because when I cleaned my disc I wasn't aware of no circular motions, and I scratched my disc up.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series x wont read the disc. They are clean and don’t have any scratches - Similar Threads - series wont read

2. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  4. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  5. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  6. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  7. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  8. Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network: I have an issue where my xbox wont connect to the xbox network and wont sign in to my account. I have searched online and tried everything. I have restarted my console a bunch now and also tried...
  9. my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(: i recently hopped on to my xbox series s and my internet just wouldn't work, so i turned off my router for 30 secs and that wouldn't work, then i checked if my router was filtering out my xbox...
  10. Xbox Series X/One compatible disk wont read in Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/One compatible disk wont read in Xbox One: My copy of Sonic Origins Plus will not work in Xbox One. No matter what, it will either not make sounds, or spin up a few times and not start downloading. What is going on?...