My Xbox series X only turns on by pressing the eject button

Discus and support My Xbox series X only turns on by pressing the eject button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good evening, i tried to turn my xbox with my controller, however it didn´t work, so i tried the power button, also didn't turn on. I tried to click... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fábio Castro1, Nov 16, 2023.

1. My Xbox series X only turns on by pressing the eject button

Good evening, i tried to turn my xbox with my controller, however it didn´t work, so i tried the power button, also didn't turn on. I tried to click the eject button and my console turned on.
    My console when i use power button or controller, shes starts but shuts off.

What can i do?

:)

Fábio Castro1, Nov 16, 2023
  2. Fábio Castro1 Win User

Hello, Fábio C. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today. I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble when trying to power on your console. Based on the information you provided, I would like to ask if you tried to turn on your console by connecting first your controller with a USB cable and then pressing the Xbox button on your controller? Thanks for taking the time to read my reply. Greetings, Arturo.
    Yes, Also didnt Turn on, just the eject button
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Fábio.

Based on the information you provided, it’s likely to be a hardware issue.

It is recommended to get the console inspected to discard this option.

You can get your console inspected and repaired by Microsoft, even if it’s out of warranty:

Getting your Xbox device serviced article:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I know you may not were expecting this kind of answer, but I hope you find it helpful to your concern.

Thank you,

Arturo.
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Fábio C. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble when trying to power on your console.

Based on the information you provided, I would like to ask if you tried to turn on your console by connecting first your controller with a USB cable and then pressing the Xbox button on your controller?

Thanks for taking the time to read my reply.

Greetings,

Arturo.
  5. ClausReich Win User

game console not working

Hello TokarevSergey! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Given what you've reported, and I was able to see that you own an Xbox Series X, let's try a few things. First, follow these steps:

1. Unplug it from the wall for 30 seconds.

2. Connect it to wall again.

3. Turn it on.

4. Check if the issue has been resolved.

If the console doesn't even turn the lights on, it could be that your console will have to be repaired. If it does turns on the white light, it could be that you have a bad video setting. Follow these steps:

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox console, eject it (only applies to Xbox One (S and X) and Series X).

2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject* button (check the note below if your console doesn't have the Eject button) until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later.

The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go from Power and Eject* ( or Pair, depending on your console) until the second beep occurs.

*Note: If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition or Xbox Series S, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

4. This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Profile & system, then Settings.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

My Xbox Series X doesn't send out the signal to TV.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing your Xbox Series X on your TV. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the HDMI connection: Make sure the HDMI cable is properly connected to the Xbox Series X and the TV. Check the HDMI cable or HDMI ports on your devices for visible damage.

Check TV input: Make sure your TV is set to the correct input for the HDMI port your Xbox Series X is connected to.

Restart Xbox Series X: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug it and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.

Reset display settings:

If there is a disc in the console, eject it.

On your console, press and hold the Xbox  button for 10 seconds to turn it off.

Press and hold the Xbox  button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear a beep immediately and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console boot into low-resolution mode (the Xbox boot screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you will need to press and hold both the Xbox  button and the Pair button as your console does not have an Eject button.

Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest update for your Xbox Series X installed. Updates can sometimes fix display issues.

Hope these suggestions help!
Thema:

1. My Xbox series X only turns on by pressing the eject button - Similar Threads - series turns pressing

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  5. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  6. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...
  7. The xbox series S turns on by itself.

in XBoX on Windows
    The xbox series S turns on by itself.: I have a multiport usb accessory plugged in to be able to use keyboard and mouse would that be the reason? There is also a headset usb dongle plugged into the accessory. I will turn the xbox off...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. Xbox Series S turns off immediately after pressing button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S turns off immediately after pressing button: Series S will turn off immediately after light and xbox sound plays, it will boot occasionally and it will show a ventiliation error and it will go to the xbox os and after a minute it will turn...
  10. My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series elite 2 turns off when I press the right analog stick and it's not a...: The controller just turns off when RS is pressed and refuses to turn back on until plugged in. I just bought it and it's the second one to do this. I exchanged the 2nd one....