My Xbox Series X keeps having an intermittent black screen

Discus and support My Xbox Series X keeps having an intermittent black screen in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just got my series X on tuesday and got a new hp gaming monitor to go with it. As soon as I started playing Warzone on the system I noticed that the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/After-Teaching-5247, Dec 19, 2020.

1. My Xbox Series X keeps having an intermittent black screen

I just got my series X on tuesday and got a new hp gaming monitor to go with it. As soon as I started playing Warzone on the system I noticed that the screen will randomly go black for 1-3 seconds while playing. I've noticed threads about this happening with 4k televisions but nothing on a monitor. My monitor is a 1080p, 144Hz, 1 ms response. and Auto HDR is not selected. Any ideas out there on how to fix?

submitted by /u/After-Teaching-5247
    [link] [comments]

/u/After-Teaching-5247, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Braiden
    Braiden New Member
    I’m having the same issue did you find a fix?

Braiden, Feb 12, 2021
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes

Hello CliffM_67, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I understand you’re having some trouble when trying to use your console with this TV. Let’s try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask the following questions:

Did you test the console on a different TV to verify if something similar happens?
    Is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider program?
    Is this TV compatible with VRR, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, or similar features?
    Is this happening with more games besides Call of Duty?
  4. brandy proctor Win User

I have xbox one. Which nba2k24 game should I buy

I purchased the 2K24 black mamba edition that says it's for Xbox series x and Xbox one but it's not working on my Xbox one console. It keeps saying not compatible.
  5. s33r Win User

Xbox series X game brightness issue

I've had this occasionally and as far as I can tell it's related to how my Series X (or One X before that) invokes HDR on my TV. It's intermittent and was often resolved by launching a HDR game or rebooting my XBox.
  6. LocknessMonstr Win User

xbox one s 4k intermittent black screen

I'm having the same issue. When the Xbox One S is set to 8 bit my Vizio M65-D0 will intermittently produce a "Snowy" screen and I have to change inputs in order to clear it. On the 10 bit and 12 bit settings it intermittently will produce a "Black" screen
    that clears itself in a few seconds. This has happened both when streaming content from Amazon and while playing games.
  7. Frathos Win User

Problems with Xbox One X and Samsung ue55nu7096

It's hard to say whether this is an Xbox One console or Samsung HDTV issue. I have seen other reports in the forums about similar short black screen issues and even experience it myself intermittently with my Day One Xbox One and Samsung KS8000.

IIRC, one forum poster theorized it may be related to a failed notification (ie a pop up should appear but instead the whole screen goes black temporarily) or is somehow related to when an update for a game or app becomes available. I'll try to keep an eye
    on game updates in future to see if there is a correlation between black screens and available updates.
Thema:

My Xbox Series X keeps having an intermittent black screen

1. My Xbox Series X keeps having an intermittent black screen - Similar Threads - Series keeps having

2. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  3. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  4. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  5. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  6. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  7. I have an xbox series x, I keep getting kicked off of Fortnite and sent back to my home...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an xbox series x, I keep getting kicked off of Fortnite and sent back to my home...: I have an xbox series x, I keep getting kicked off of Fortnite and sent back to my home screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? 3a32a3c4-2ed3-4963-8dea-5d8c9f7969ab
  8. Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...: Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5 and I've noticed that with PS5's Bluetooth controller connection, this error has not occurred. BTW, I...
  9. Why I keep having sound loss on Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I keep having sound loss on Xbox series x: Hello, Recently I start to experience sound loss on my Xbox X during my game and it’s damaging my record !! I bought a new hdmi and still the same, changed my old tv to a new monitor, the...
  10. Series X keeps disconnecting from wifi every 5-10 minutes! I have to put password in again...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X keeps disconnecting from wifi every 5-10 minutes! I have to put password in again...: Had the Series X for like 2 months now and it consistently disconnects itself from the wifi every 5-10 minutes while I’m playing games, or doing anything online at all. I’ve restarted my modem and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x intermittent black screen

2. random xbox series s black screen