My xbox series x is reading discs but some discs don't reed at all even though they work on...

Discus and support My xbox series x is reading discs but some discs don't reed at all even though they work on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; a couple weeks ago I put my Modern Warfare 2 cross gen disc into my Xbox series X console and it wasn't reading at all I put it in my Xbox One it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by churny247, Mar 5, 2023.

1. churny247
    churny247 Guest

My xbox series x is reading discs but some discs don't reed at all even though they work on...

a couple weeks ago I put my Modern Warfare 2 cross gen disc into my Xbox series X console and it wasn't reading at all I put it in my Xbox One it was reading fine got a new disc still not working I

:)

churny247, Mar 5, 2023
  2. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  3. UnholyJezus17 Win User

Xbox one x won't launch new mw2 when disc is inserted?

Having this issue, the disc works in 2 of my 3 series x consoles

The console not working reads other discs

Hard reset and all completed and no fix
  4. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  5. xArchAngel77x Win User

XBox One X Drive Problem

All discs work properly on my Xbox One (fat lady)... what really confuses me is, that SOME discs work and only a few don‘t. I guess if the drive were bad, ALL discs could not be read on Xbox X... it‘s not logical in my mind
  6. Gee Dubya Win User

Xbox Series X Not Reading Some Game Discs

Thank you for the reply!

I have now tried all of these steps and am still having the same problems.

I actually returned the first Xbox Series X that I got because it had this issue. The second one I got is having this same issue. The disc drive on the new console reads certain games and all blu-ray movies I have tested so it isn't a bad drive.

As stated in the original post there are no scuffs, scratches, or smudges on the discs so this is not an issue with the disc.

Also, as stated in the original post the same issue occurs on my sister's Xbox Series X which leads me to believe this is an issue with all Xbox Series X consoles only being able to read certain Xbox One game discs.

I will double check all of my game discs and make a complete list of what doesn't work and then confirm that all of these discs work on the Xbox One X.

I have been an Xbox gamer since the OG Xbox and have never been more frustrated and disappointed in a new console.
Thema:

1. My xbox series x is reading discs but some discs don't reed at all even though they work on... - Similar Threads - series reading discs

2. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  3. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  4. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  5. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  6. Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures: I've done all possible troubleshooting on my end. I have a warranty but plan on getting it replaced or refunded altogether. I've even compiled a video showing three different Xbox 360's that read...
  7. Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc: I tried resettingmy console and everything and the disc still won't read, installed the game from my app and get an error that I don't own the game. Other discs work fine....
  8. Xbox series x not loading/reading discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x not loading/reading discs: My xbox series x is no longer reading/loading or installing games. I recently bought COD M3 and inserted it in the box heard some whirling noises and nothing happened. So put in COD vanguard which...
  9. Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!: Same thing happened with my first X sent in back in 21 and was was sent this one. About early summer it started reading only certain 4ks then it was certain Blu rays then it was no DVDs now it's...
  10. My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...: How do I get my MWII disc to download,I have tried everything I know to do,just won't read it,but will read and download any other game just fine,it's driving me nuts HELP!!¡¡!!...