My Xbox series X is no longer connecting to my internet.

Discus and support My Xbox series X is no longer connecting to my internet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been playing games on my Xbox series X for about 2 months now. It’s been working perfectly fine in those 2 months with no trouble at all.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas Cotton, Nov 19, 2022.

1. My Xbox series X is no longer connecting to my internet.

I’ve been playing games on my Xbox series X for about 2 months now. It’s been working perfectly fine in those 2 months with no trouble at all. Yesterday I went to log onto an online game and it said no internet connection, so I went to settings to take a look. I went to the network section and it asked me to set up a network, I clicked on it, my internet popped up, it locates it and displays the name and connection bar saying it’s there with a wifi connection, but when I click on connect, it says connecting…. For about three minutes before saying can’t connect to your internet. I have been using the same internet for the last 2 years, have not changed providers, nothing has changed. All of the other devices in my house connect to my internet except my Xbox. I have seen several other reviews of this happening to people but there has been no real fix. Literally earlier this week I was playing sea of thieves online with my friends online and now it just randomly stopped working. We have checked with the internet people and the internet is just fine. I have even tried connecting my hotspot to my Xbox and that works, the only wifi it won’t connect to is the house wifi which is what I need. Does anyone know what is going on?

:)

Thomas Cotton, Nov 19, 2022
  2. Thomas Cotton Win User

No beta on the console, I can try a factory reset
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, I don't think that could be a hardware problem if this only happens with a single network.

Just to confirm, your console connects fine to a different Wi-Fi network?

If you didn't tested that you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and try in that way

Try the factory reset and let me know how it goes

And by the way, are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, in this case try proceeding with a replacement / repair request if none of the above worked
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Thomas

May I know if you tried changing the wifi name (SSID) or the password to see if that helps?

If yes and if the issue persists please try:

A. Power cycle your console

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

B. Clear your MAC address

Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address

Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

C. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps

Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

**Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts

D. If you can, please try connecting the console via Ethernet to see if the same happens or not
  6. Thomas Cotton Win User

The Xbox factory reset on the series X still did not work, it wouldn’t connect to the network. I connected my original Xbox one (2014) back up to my monitor and I was able to play online games just fine on there, same Microsoft account and internet that the series X was not connecting too. My Xbox series x keeps saying it has a hardware issue when trying to connect the internet, I’m pretty sure this proves it’s a physical problem with the hardware on my Xbox. I still have warranty on it and can return it and trade in for a new one. I’ll try doing this and seeing if the trade in one works.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series X is no longer connecting to my internet. - Similar Threads - series longer connecting

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  5. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  6. My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system.: My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system. It has done this off and on and fights me to pair it back to my system. I have done the steps to try to pair it back and nothing worked...
  7. Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X: I've owned minecraft on my Xbox One S for years now and recently upgraded to a Series X. Just today I tried to install it but noticed it was absent from my library. I checked the Xbox store and...
  8. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  9. Xbox Cloud Gaming option no longer available on Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Cloud Gaming option no longer available on Xbox series X: Just replying this issue in another locked thread. For me the issue was a double NAT after implementing mesh wifi. To resolve I connected the Xbox to the original wifi network (the one my mesh...
  10. Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots: My screenshots are in SDR suddenly but HDR is fine with games and when I check on 4k tv settings it says that HDR settings are ok. This has been going on for a week maybe my older screenshots are...