My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...

Discus and support My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good afternoon, My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games. It gets struck at the updating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sean archer1, May 10, 2024.

  1. sean archer1
    sean archer1 Guest

    My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...


    Good afternoon, My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games. It gets struck at the updating screen. It starts updating to 65% and then the power shuts off, but the fan in the console keeps running.

    I tried cleaning it with an aerosol air spray can to remove the dust.

    I unplugged it for 30 seconds then plugged it back in.

    Still Nothing, not working.

    :)
     
    sean archer1, May 10, 2024
    #1
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

    My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to play games.

    Hi there Sean, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

    I'm sorry to read that you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X console!

    I recommend that you try performing an offline update of the console using the instructions in the following link:

    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

    If the problem persists after that or if you're unable to perform the offline update for any reason, and because, according to the description of the issue, it seems to be a hardware problem, it will be necessary for you to create a service order for your console to be properly inspected and repaired.

    In the following link, you can create a service order for your console and use its warranty if it is still valid:

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

    If your console is not listed there, you will need to register it by clicking on the "Register device" button. Then, you will need to fill in the required information and follow the steps that appear to process the service order.

    For more detailed information about the repair/warranty service procedure, please visit the following website:

    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

    Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

    I appreciate your understanding and if you have further questions please let me know.

    Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Question on slim fan and overheating

    Is the fan from the xbox blowing warm air or cold air?

    Is the Xbox warm or hot to touch?
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

    Is it safe to use my Xbox while the air conditioner is on?

    You will be fine, as you only get condensation forming when warm moisture laden air comes into contact with a cooler/cold surface. Air conditioning units actually remove moisture from the air they cool, hence the water drain pipe, so using an Xbox in an air conditioned room should in theory assist with cooling of the console.
  5. An Xbox Dude Win User

    temp of xbox

    Just make sure you console is in a cool area. I have one of my console's power bricks right on top of a vent that blows cool air in. If your room gets to hot, the light on the power brick will turn red until your console cools down.
  6. Ohjohnnyt Win User

    Overheating Xbox

    Ive had this problem before as i used to live in Sri Lanka.

    as already stated the xbox will auto shut down when too hot.

    I used to get a large bowl of ice, sit it at a safe distance from the xbox and then sit a fan over it to blow the cold air over the xbox - kept me cool and the xbox cool!

    just a fan works as well long as there is some aircon going also. Just make sure the fan blows upwards a little from xbox to make the hot air is blown away from vents.
Thema:

My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to...

Loading...
  1. My Xbox series X is blowing cool/cold air from the top of the console and won't come on to... - Similar Threads - series blowing cool

  2. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  3. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  4. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  5. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  6. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  9. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...