My Xbox Series X doesn't send out the signal to TV.

Discus and support My Xbox Series X doesn't send out the signal to TV. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried doing the hard reset, power cycling it, and used three different HDMI cables, but I still get the "no signal". Was working fine up until... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nicholas_323, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Nicholas_323
    Nicholas_323 Guest

I tried doing the hard reset, power cycling it, and used three different HDMI cables, but I still get the "no signal". Was working fine up until yesterday.

:)

Nicholas_323, Dec 31, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing your Xbox Series X on your TV. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the HDMI connection: Make sure the HDMI cable is properly connected to the Xbox Series X and the TV. Check the HDMI cable or HDMI ports on your devices for visible damage.

Check TV input: Make sure your TV is set to the correct input for the HDMI port your Xbox Series X is connected to.

Restart Xbox Series X: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug it and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.

Reset display settings:

If there is a disc in the console, eject it.

On your console, press and hold the Xbox  button for 10 seconds to turn it off.

Press and hold the Xbox  button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear a beep immediately and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console boot into low-resolution mode (the Xbox boot screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you will need to press and hold both the Xbox  button and the Pair button as your console does not have an Eject button.

Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest update for your Xbox Series X installed. Updates can sometimes fix display issues.

Hope these suggestions help!
  3. andersonpassos Win User

4. PaidRug7705432 Win User

Xbox One X 4K pass thru?

When you say 4K pass through, are you talking about a 4K source sending the TV signal to the Xbox and then to the TV? Or sending the Xbox1 X 4K signal to pass through a 4K receiver and then to the 4K TV?
  5. JohnF1895 Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

Update number 1, with a little more detail and the first failed solution attempt.

Hardware: Xbox series x, purchased brand new from retailer May 2023. LG television, 55 inch class 4k oled. Model OLED55C2PUA purchased new May 2023.

My issues include: Xbox powers up at 640 resolution on TV, x ox powers up and tv doesn't receive a signal from it, despite the TV activating when Xbox it turned on, signal drops out mid game with snow on screen like old school tv no channel snow, and when exiting a game to go back to the Xbox dashboard it loses signal. Unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable fixed the issue. Multiple cables and all HDMI ports were tried. Same conditions.

Attempt to fix 1: went with the optical HDMI cable mentioned earlier in this thread. This did not correct the disconnection/no signal issue. Therefore I can not recommend that as a solution.

HDMI repeater was suggested by another poster, that arrives today and will be trying that beginning tonight. The optical HDMI cable is not compatible with the repeater so I will be using top of the line HDMI cables. I will report back on the results.

For what it's worth, my series S has no problems connecting to the TV properly and does not lose signal.
  6. Herr Nerd Win User

Sony Bravia For Xbox Series X

That the Xbox Series X supports HDMI 2.1 doesn't mean your TV needs to support that too. You can user your old TV with the Series X for sure.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X doesn't send out the signal to TV. - Similar Threads - Series doesn't send

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  6. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  7. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.: So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the...
  8. I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended: I have a linked account on the Xbox of my kids everything fine except that I can't play on online server in Ark Survival ascended. Is there a way to fix it or is the problem known ?...
  9. Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console: I have two xboxes (One S and Series S). This question is for the Series. It came with a controller that was working perfectly until last night when, after I powered it off to take a break, powered...
  10. Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...: Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi says password isn't correct but it is and every other connections works fine even the Xbox series x on the same network. I'm loosing my mind....