my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...

Discus and support my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i was already able to install the game. but inserting the xbox 360 halo 4 PLAY disc to the xbox series x, I always get a message that it does not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ozimander, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Ozimander
    Ozimander Guest

my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...

i was already able to install the game. but inserting the xbox 360 halo 4 PLAY disc to the xbox series x, I always get a message that it does not recognize it. The disc only has very minor scratches and otherwise in perfect condition. Its a new xbox series x, so i don't have any other compatible disk to test. Is it possible to be a hardware issue in the disc reader?

:)

Ozimander, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Josue Villafranca Win User

my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be backwards compatible?

i heard that halo 2 a another version of halo isn’t backwards compatible other than that all of the other halo discs can be read through the system
  3. Ronnieee Win User

my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be backwards compatible?

Yes, it does. If it has successfully installed the first disc then your console should be working fine. This is now a problem with the disc itself that it may have some issues and it could be corrupted for some reason. I would suggest trying a different copy of that disc.
  4. Ozimander Win User

Already done with the reset and still with same error. I have other xbox 360 discs, but i think they are not backwards compatible. However i was able to initiate install pf Halo4 using disc 1. Does that count as successfully reading a disc?
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your disc issue.

Try doing a reset on your console to see if this helps.

Let's refresh the console's system cache.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

I do not believe this is a hardware problem unless we try a different disc on the console. Do you have other disc games aside from Xbox 360 games?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

Yes you can plug in the hard drive on the Xbox Series X, and the Xbox One, Xbox 360, & Xbox games will be able to be played straight away. If you have games on disc, just insert the disc, and the game should play as it does on the Xbox One.

Just remember you cannot play Xbox Series X games from the external hard drive, only from the internal and external SSD storage devices that are available for the Series X.
Thema:

1. my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be... - Similar Threads - series does recognize

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  4. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  5. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  6. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  7. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  8. Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode: Today I left the Xbox series x in shutdown mode to download forza horizon 5 and I left it for about 6 hours and when I came back I noticed that the Xbox fan was off and when I turned on Xbox...
  9. Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter: Hi all. I have 2 Xbox Series gamepads disconnected from the original macrosof adapter (which comes with the gamepad). To check, I connected it to another laptop, it works fine (it means that the...
  10. My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...: Hello. I've been trying to find info about this. There is only one old question with no answers and the thread is archived. I tried everything (I removed the Samsung Lock Software, I formatted it...