My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

Discus and support My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoogyWoogy, Mar 27, 2024.

1. JoogyWoogy
    JoogyWoogy Guest

My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the controller.

I was playing warzone with my friends and in the middle of our match, I noticed suddenly that it wasn't cancelling my sliding when i clicked on my left thumbstick. i thought it was a mapping issue but quickly debunked that, and when i tried using it on my Xbox (instead of my pc), the same thing was happening. it still makes the clicking sound and tracks the movement of the joystick, but it doesn't actually register the function of clicking. https://streamable.com/pghbug Issue proof (sorry for **** microphone)

:)

JoogyWoogy, Mar 27, 2024
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Registered Devices Not Showing

So, I just tested this to see:

I registered my Series X controller.

Sure enough, it said it was registered but wasn't showing up

I then clicked "see details" on my Series X entry which took me to my Series X

I then clicked "All Devices" to take me back to the previous screen and the controller then showed up.

So, not entirely sure why it won't work for you
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft

Hello Luke,

Also if it is hidden you can push the left thumbstick in +X and will unhide any games that are hidden.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. LeGiTxxPunkSteR Win User

xbox one elite controller

My first elite controller broke in the first week, the left thumbstick internal snapped, hopefully the series 2 controller is good
  5. John P_14 Win User

Xbox series X controller left stick constantly registered as pushed in

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the left thumbstick on your Xbox Series X controller. It's possible that the thumbstick is not properly calibrated or that there is some debris stuck under the thumbstick. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Calibrate the thumbstick.

2. Clean the thumbstick and the area around it. Use a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol to gently clean the thumbstick and the area around it. This can help remove any dirt or debris that may be causing the issue.

3. Check for debris. If there is debris stuck under the thumbstick, it could be causing the thumbstick to register as being pressed when it is not. Carefully inspect the thumbstick and use a small tool, such as a toothpick or a pin, to remove any debris that you find.

4. Check the controller's firmware. Make sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your controller.

If none of these steps fix the issue, it's possible that there is a problem with the controller itself. In this case, you may need to consider sending in your controller to have it repaired/replaced.
  6. TG CRKDMike Win User

Xbox One controller major issues

I just recently had my xbox one controller break on me. I was pushing right on the left thumbstick, and I clicked it as well to boost right in Advanced Warfare, as soon as I clicked it I felt and heard a crack, and the thumbstick immediately felt different.
    It started grinding and lost it's springyness.

I sent it in to Microsoft about a week ago, and I havn't heard from them since. Apparently I am getting a replacement. Hopefully they either do a mass recall, or fix the problem going forward so that any new controller they make has a more robust construction,
    like the xbox 360 controllers.
Thema:

1. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function. - Similar Threads - series controller's left

2. Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...: I have power cycled my controller and my Xbox around 3 times and i have updated the controller and it still is not working, I do not and cannot buy another controller and need help fixing it....
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  5. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  6. ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...: if i move the stick in a anti clockwise rotation it becomes really stiff and right side of the stick basically locks up, if i spin it in the opposite direction it feels like a brand new controller...
  7. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  10. Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...: Hello the left side seems to be weak and has some weird rotation sound which is not really normal. Normally the controller has a lisght spinning sound but not as loud as it is now I’ve had the...