My Xbox Series X controller keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting

Discus and support My Xbox Series X controller keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently started having problems between my Xbox Series X and my Series X controller, it keeps disconnecting every 5 to 10 seconds and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anton Vaughan, Feb 16, 2023.

1. My Xbox Series X controller keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting

I recently started having problems between my Xbox Series X and my Series X controller, it keeps disconnecting every 5 to 10 seconds and then reconnects, only to start again 5 seconds later.

I just did the update for the console last night, so my console is up to date, both of my Series X controllers are also up to date and both are experiencing the same problem.

I have tried every troubleshooting method I can find online, manually turning the controller off and back on, trying a wired connection ( although even when connected via a USB-C cable it's doing the same thing ), hard resetting the console, reconnecting the controller to the console, I have tried everything.

I have no idea if this is because of the latest update but it's starting to get really annoying because I can't play on anything without the controllers disconnecting.

Any solutions or workarounds would be appreciated, even though one of my controllers is brand new and a replacement itself for a dodgy controller.

Also it is doing the same thing with my Xbox One controller.

Thank you in advance

:)

Anton Vaughan, Feb 16, 2023
  2. RedlineZ Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Disconnection Problem

My controllers keep disconnecting from my Xbox series X randomly while playing games. When it happens I connect a different controller and it keeps happening. I have 3 xbox one controllers and 2 series x controllers. I've tried using all of them. I've also gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, made sure controller and console updates have been done and have reset and reconnected the controllers multiple times. I've even tried saving the game soft resetting the console then restarting and reconnecting a controller. I cannot play the trial or opens in FH5 as those are multiplayer races and you cannot pause or rewind or you lose your place. Does my console have a defect with its bluetooth connection?
  3. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
  4. John P_14 Win User

I apologize for the confusion. The reset button is actually located on the front of the controller, at the top of the controller between the two shoulder buttons. You can press it using a small pin or a paperclip but if there's no reset button, kindly try to refresh your operating system and delete all potentially corrupted data that restricts you from using your console normally without deleting your games or apps.​​​​​​​

Note: Make sure that you know your account logins before doing this step. Also, this will remove all your Home Xbox associations.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.

3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll select Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. John P_14 Win User

I'm glad to hear that, Anton. :) It could be a glitch or a small bug.
  6. Anton Vaughan Win User

Ok, strangely I was able to play on a game while the controller was connected via cable and it started working again normally, which is random.

And now, I've unplugged the cable after playing with a wired connection for 15-20 minutes and now it's working normally wirelessly, which is also random.

Whether it's a problem with the new update or just a synchronization issue, I have no idea, but it's working, for now at least
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X controller keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting - Similar Threads - Series controller keeps

2. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  3. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  4. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  5. Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S: I recently got an Xbox Series S and my controllers (both new controller that came with the console, and my old Xbox one controller) have been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, and my...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.: I’m in alpha updates and I’ve noticed while I was playing Dead Island 2, whenever I’d click the guide button the controller freezes, disconnects and then reconnects. Even my Xbox wireless headset...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  8. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  9. My Xbox Series controller keep disconnecting when vibrates

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series controller keep disconnecting when vibrates: i'm a Alpha-skip-ahead member about 3 days ago, my Xbox Series S has turn on alone on middle of the night and after this my controller start to desync every time he receive's a vibration signal,...
  10. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1