My Xbox series X controller is on but when I press a button nothing happens

Discus and support My Xbox series X controller is on but when I press a button nothing happens in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was outside and I had fallout 3 open. After a while I came back in and I tried to close fallout 3 but nothing happened. Whenever I tried to press a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LaughTon0213, May 22, 2023.

1. LaughTon0213
    LaughTon0213 Guest

I was outside and I had fallout 3 open. After a while I came back in and I tried to close fallout 3 but nothing happened. Whenever I tried to press a button on my controller it didn’t work. I tried syncing it but that didn’t work. I turned off my Xbox and turned it back on again and that didn’t work either.

:)

LaughTon0213, May 22, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly perform the steps below accordingly, Evanxbox1s.

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console."

After that, try connecting your Xbox controller again and test it out.
  3. NolanLosch Win User

Forza horizon 4 doesnt work

If I open xbox gamebar it says controller disconnected and nothing happens when I press A on series s
  4. aztonyusa Win User

Xbox One X randomly disconnects all controllers during middle of game.

I don't get the same problem as you but kind of similar. My Xbox one X turns itself on randomly and also suggest stopped doing anything when the A button is pressed on the home screens. It recognizes that you pressed the button, it just doesn't do anything.
    If you hold the button down it might recognize it eventually. It does this with every controller I have so it's not the controllers.
    I have the same problem you are having with the controller. In fact it's happening right now, I had to take the batteries out of the Elite controller and use the standard controller. It only happens with the X console and when using
    the Elite controller. If I use the Elite controller on my day one edition of the One it never happened. Xbox support has no answers except the usual nonsense, which does nothing for this problem.
  5. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  6. DefeatThaPurpos Win User

Console won't search for potential wireless controllers

Still no success. I press the connect button on the controllers and they search, but still when I press the connect button on the console nothing happens. I press it, press and hold, repeatedly tap it and nothing happens. The lights don't light up or
    spin or anything to indicate that it is searching for controllers
Thema:

1. My Xbox series X controller is on but when I press a button nothing happens - Similar Threads - series controller press

2. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  4. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  5. My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad: The problem only stops when I press left on the dpad but they left vision itself didn't register at all. I've tried everything other than taking the controller apart which is a last resort...
  6. My XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller disconnects whenever I press R3.

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller disconnects whenever I press R3.: My XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller disconnects whenever I press R3 and then I have to plug it back in order to reconnect it again so it makes the R3 button unusable to gaming. Is there a reason...
  7. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  8. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  9. I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it: Hello everyone, i had purchased a Xbox Series Wireless Controller 2. It is still under warranty till 12/12/2023. Lately i have been facing an issues specifically with "A" button. Whenever i press...
  10. LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller: Hi, I need help with this, no matter what I do LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on my Xbox Series Controller aa38d959-03ea-4297-9cc9-d5264f1adc9b