My xbox series x controller has a delay while turning

Discus and support My xbox series x controller has a delay while turning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an issue with both my controllers all the sudden when I play shooter games at least there’s a delay in my turning like if I were to turn right... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cole Nicholls, Nov 25, 2022.

1. My xbox series x controller has a delay while turning

I have an issue with both my controllers all the sudden when I play shooter games at least there’s a delay in my turning like if I were to turn right there’s a pause and if I were to let go it would continue the turn if hard reset, my Xbox, my controller I can’t figure it out

:)

Cole Nicholls, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Cole, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly check if there is an update for your controller by following the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."
  3. Xiang Fish Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Updated:

I found that my soundbar SONY HT Z9F soundbar use HDMI 2.0 of which bandwidth is 18gbs connect to my TV using eARC port, so I changes my HDMI to

8K HDMI of which soundbar is 48gbs, and the delay improve a lot that it is hard to notice now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tested. My set is

TV has enable eARC and set sound passthrough, HDMI BITSTREAM. XBOX SERIES allows PASSTHROUGH.

XBOX SERIES X --> LG 65 QNED90 --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC)

there is very noticeable delay on Atmos but don't have delay on any uncompressed sound like 5.1 or 7.1

XBOX SERIES X --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC) --> LG 65 QNED90

the atoms sound is sync with image, but I got a ton of delay on controller input, so I set TV image mode to Game Optimize,

and set game mode to FPS, the controller input delay is gone, but now, i got atoms delay back...

By the way, because my TV doesn't support DTS - X PASSTHROUGH, so when I connect XBOX to my soundbar, I could enable DTS X, and DTS X is working perfectly and there is no any delay comparing to Dolby Atmos.

Razer Blade 15 with RTX 2070 MAX Q --> LG 65 QNED90 --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC)

I don't have any input or atmos sound delay in this set.

So here is conclusion:

xbox series x has issue to passthrough Atmos content, even thought it is directly connect to sound bar, the sound or TV try to delay image to sync with atmos sound which causes a ton of input delay. But once you set the TV into low legacy input mode to get rid of input delay, the Atmos sound delay will be back.

And Razer blade 15 with RTX 2070 MAX Q which is PC is perfectly working at Atmos without any issue.

So this is definitely XBOX SERIES X ISSUE!!!!
  4. Jaedon F Win User

Why did my elite controller stop working on my Xbox and won’t turn off or do anything even when I unplug my Xbox

My console is the Xbox series X. My controller stopped working last night while I was playing a game and it said reconnect controller but it was still on. I’ve tried holding the pairing button but nothing happened. I’ve tried taking it out of range of my Xbox to see if it would shut off. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging my Xbox. But my elite controller still has the light on and won’t do anything. Even the button to change paddle presets isn’t turning those lights on.
  5. Jose IgnacioSánchez Win User

Xbox Series X Controller can´t connect to Windows 11 (Except via Bluetooth)

Ok, so the problem is solved now. Here are the steps I followed.

- Uninstalled Xbox Accesories App

- Uninstalled all Driver in the Device Manager related to "Xbox Controller" and "Xbox Wireless Adapter"

- Unplugged the Wireless Adapter

- Turn off Bluetooth

- Turn off the PC

- Reset the Xbox Series Controller pairing (Hold connect button for x seconds)

- Turn off Xbox Series Controller

- Boot the PC

- Insert the Wireless Adapter -> Drivers are installed automatically

- Turn on Xbox Series controller

- Succesfully paired with the Wireless Adapter!!

- Install Xbox Accesories App -> Controller recognized :)

- Turn on Bluetooth

Thanks for the answer, Kathy and sorry for the delay but life prevented me from answering earlier.

The fact that running a simple troubleshooting routine solved it points at a software issue so I don´t expect to have this problem again.

Hope this helps someone.
  6. Nickvvv Win User

INPUT LAG GAMEPAD ON SERIES X ON GAMES BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

I’ve been looking for this for a few days now, and I am having the exact same issue. It is NOT a controller issue, it is completely due to the Xbox series X. In my case, I played call of duty Black Ops (1) on my Xbox one , everything was smooth and even played BETTER than on the 360. I recently got the Series X and it made this game nearly unplayable. I know this isn’t a controller issue due to the fact that I am using the same controller for the Xbox one. (It’s a series X controller) the issue specifically that I’m having is with the stick input delay. I move the stick and there’s a noticeable delay when it moves the characters view in game( input). it makes it extremely hard to play FPS games (that rely on looking around with the analog stick) that are reverse compatible (xbox 360 games). Again, no issue on the Xbox one, only the series X. I’ve had to other issues with this on current gen FPS games. Although I do feel the same input delay when I play Overwatch 2. I’m not sure if that is a related issue or just one of the OW2 unique crossplatform setup. I’ve changed look sensitivity for Black Ops, thinking it was that did not change a thing. This is my favorite game and the main reason I got the series C and I’m extremely disappointed I can’t enjoy the game anymore with this issue .
Thema:

1. My xbox series x controller has a delay while turning - Similar Threads - series controller has

2. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  3. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  4. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  5. I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...: This is not an exaggeration. I have spent an unreal amount of money on these controllers because they are the best beyond a doubt. However, the bumpers are literally made of paper. I should get 3...
  6. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  7. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...
  8. My Xbox Series X controller (on PC) has a problem. It is as if stick drift is occurring but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X controller (on PC) has a problem. It is as if stick drift is occurring but...: After 8 seconds or so of inactivity, it will seem (in a game or menu) like I am holding up on the left thumbstick, but I'm not. Nor is there any drift. It's just doing it for no reason! This is a...
  9. Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...: Beyond frustrated I have had this happen with 3 different Xbox series s and 4 Xbox elite 2 controllers!!! Once it starts it doesn't stop! I've had it happen to me while sitting at the home screen...
  10. Xbox series x controller has stickdrift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller has stickdrift: once i press my left thumbstick up or down it keeps moving in that direction even though the stick returned to the middl. i tried cleaning my controller with alcohol and air duster but it doesnt...