My Xbox Series X controller frequently disconnects from my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Discus and support My Xbox Series X controller frequently disconnects from my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I am hoping that somebody can help me out with this because I am going absolutely insane trying to solve this issue and get back to playing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Psychopomp9705, Jan 29, 2023.

1. My Xbox Series X controller frequently disconnects from my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Hi there,

I am hoping that somebody can help me out with this because I am going absolutely insane trying to solve this issue and get back to playing my games wirelessly. As the title reads, my Xbox Series X controller frequently disconnects. It will connect to my wireless adapter but disconnects often between 5-15 minutes after the connection is established. My Xbox wireless adapter is plugged in to the front of my PC, so it is not an issue of range or a poor pathway for the connection. I have experienced this with three separate controllers, the latest of which I purchased yesterday. Here are a list of the fixes I have tried so far:
    - Power cycling

- Updating the controller's firmware

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for my Xbox wireless adapter

- Re-pairing the controller to the Xbox wireless adapter

- Turning off broadcast and instant replay in Nvidia GeForce overlay

- Turning off power management for the Xbox wireless adapter

- Turning off selective suspend USB in my computer's power settings

- Turning off selective suspend USB in the Xbox wireless adapter's properties

- Searching for optional driver updates for Xbox wireless adapter (none found)

If anyone has any idea on how I can fix this, I would greatly appreciated. Please note that it is an Xbox Series X|S controller and a firmware revert was not available when I tried.

:)

Psychopomp9705, Jan 29, 2023
  2. VyYen Win User

Is Xbox Series X Controller compatible with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Hello there guys, just wanna ask if the Xbox Series X Controller is compatible with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Also, is there gonna be a newer version of the wireless adapter for Windows 10 destined for the Series X controller ?

Thanks.
  3. MattyC1 Win User

Xbox series x controller disconnecting (latest firmware)

Hi - this is certainly happening to me as well. After paying a premium for a series x controller to use on my pc - it FREQUENTLY disconnects. In fact so much, it is unuseable as a wireless controller. Does not happen with my xbox one controller. When are we getting a resolution to this issue? Or is it something that can be resolved with a replacement (warranty) controller?
  4. Patdawg1 Win User

Xbox controller disconnecting constantly?

If you’re having trouble with your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, it could be because the adapter drivers didn’t auto-install, the adapter stopped responding, your controller won’t connect or frequently
    disconnects from your adapter, or because there’s interference between the controller and adapter.
    Try fixing it with these troubleshooting solutions. Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date, and try unplugging the device, restarting, and plugging it back in. Make sure your controller is in
    range of the adapter. You can also move any objects between the controller and the adapter out of the way, and keep the adapter away from metal so there’s less interference. For more solutions, check out “Learn more” below.

Learn more

If you’re having trouble with your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, it could be because the adapter drivers didn’t auto-install, the adapter stopped responding, your controller won’t connect or frequently disconnects from your adapter, or because
    there’s interference between the controller and adapter.

Try fixing it with these troubleshooting solutions. Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date, and try unplugging the device, restarting, and plugging it back in. Make sure your controller is in range of the adapter. You can also move any objects
    between the controller and the adapter out of the way, and keep the adapter away from metal so there’s less interference. For more solutions, check out “Learn more” below.

Learn more
  5. Georges C. Win User

Questions about the wireless usb receivers for Xbox Controllers.

Hello again, according to the Xbox website it works with any Xbox One controller.

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/adapters...

I found this FAQ on best buy, they can help you too.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/microsof...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. dearjenna Win User

Does the wireless adapter help the controller disconnect problem?

Thema:

My Xbox Series X controller frequently disconnects from my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

1. My Xbox Series X controller frequently disconnects from my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Similar Threads - Series controller frequently

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  5. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  6. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  7. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  8. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  9. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  10. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...