my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like...

Discus and support my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; brand new series s. audio on home screen works (button click sounds and such) when a game is started no audio from tv. seems to be sporadic. no game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jimbeam734, Jan 13, 2023.

1. jimbeam734
    jimbeam734 Guest

my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like...

brand new series s. audio on home screen works (button click sounds and such) when a game is started no audio from tv. seems to be sporadic. no game audio for halo or starwars battlefront, but starlit k.a.r.t. works.

when headphones are attached to controller, audio is working. have checked audio settings for the tv, xbox, and settings inside game menu. everything should be working. when battlefeild opens the game music will play for half a second, then sound stops. games play fine and no video issues. this is driving me nuts.

:)

jimbeam734, Jan 13, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like pressing the home button, but won’t play sounds from games. How do I fix this?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. MonkeyGamr Win User

Error Code 8015000A

Also, I’m having the same issue playing my 360 games on my Series S, my Xbox Live account won’t download onto any 360 game on my Series S.
  4. Eletricdrum Win User

Is multiplayer for GTA V for Xbox One S compatible with multiplayer for Xbox One Series X|S?

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Cross-play is not supported between GTA 5 Enhanced Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. So, Xbox Series X|S players using the enhanced version of the game won’t be able to play with those on Xbox One.

By the way , you can play GTA Online with people using systems in the same console family. If you have an Xbox Series X, but your friends own Xbox Ones, you can still jump into lobbies together.
  5. Elvite Win User

Marvel Avengers sound cuts out mins into game playing?

I can also confirm that all audio cuts out after a few minutes of gameplay on an Xbox Series X after the latest 1.6.0 game update. Users on Reddit are reporting the same thing. They have found a temporary workaround. If you change your audio for both your speakers and your headset to stereo uncompressed then the game audio will not cut out. Another workaround, that I did not personally care for, is supposedly to drop the volume level of “sound effects“ in the games settings to 0. This allows you to hear voice actors and music, but all fighting-type sounds disappears.

There seems to be some sort of glitch related to the other surround sound type modes that cuts all game audio out after a few minutes of playing. Note that no other audio is affected when this occurs, such as operating system sounds and other game audio.

I have an Xbox series X and I was set for “7.1 Uncompressed” audio and ever since the latest patch, the audio would stop after a few minutes rendering the game completely silent until you force quit the game and reboot it. However, that would only be good for a few minutes until it would happen again. After I set my audio to “stereo uncompressed“, I was able to play for a couple hours straight with no interruption at all in audio. This is my preferred workaround for now, but it sure would be nice if this game can be fixed so that I can have my surroundsound back.

I wanted to add one more thing. I do recall that this did happen (with the audio disappearing) occasionally before this patch, but it seemed like it only happened once or twice to me over the past couple weeks of me playing the game. Immediately after this patch though, it would happen after a few minutes of gameplay consistently.

UPDATE: Although someone marked my comment as an “answer“, it really is just a workaround. No one wants to be forced to turn off surround sound on their Xbox Series X/S just for one game. I have a great home theater system and really would rather have the benefit of surround sound on it. I am hoping that Microsoft and the developer can come up with a fix soon.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have an Xbox one S, and have got Jedi Survivor series X game.

Athe Series S is backwards compatible, in that Xbox Series S and can play Xbox One games

"Series" doesn't not mean the letter Yes I know it's a confusing name. It is the current generation of Xbox like "one" was the last one

The game will not work on your console, and for the disc you'd need a Series X
Thema:

1. my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like... - Similar Threads - series won’t play

2. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  3. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  4. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  5. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  6. Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?: I get a message that says that this title is no backwards compatible but the website doesn’t list it as such 931e0123-b3c7-46f7-b33d-286a11b7e2da
  7. Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?: I’ve recently gotten an xbox one S, tried resetting almost everything on my console but still keeps saying my games aren’t compatible, could it somehow be connected to my older xbox one settings?...
  8. My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?: I’ve tried everything. I had a dude from Xfinity come out and give me a new modem, he changed the coaxial cable and even took off the wall thing and replaced it. I’ve reset my Xbox a billion...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?: Last week, I tried to play black ops 2 because all the servers got fixed but when I tried to connect, I get an error stating my console will not connect to Xbox live. I know it’s not my internet...
  10. My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege: What is happening is I bought it and whenever I try to play quick match or ranked/unranked games it directs me to buy Xbox game pass. But if I try to play single player it lets me. Why is this...