My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...

Discus and support My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I tried to turn on my Xbox Series S but it wouldn't display anything on my screen. Then I noticed that it was turning itself off. There was a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Mayes, May 18, 2023.

1. John Mayes
    John Mayes Guest

My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...

Recently I tried to turn on my Xbox Series S but it wouldn't display anything on my screen. Then I noticed that it was turning itself off. There was a big thunderstorm in my area the day before so I wondered if it got fried by electricity. I opened the console to find everything, to my eye, looking fine. Then I noticed the fan doesn't seem to work when you turn the console on. What can I do about this?

:)

John Mayes, May 18, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is there any way I can fix this?

Hi, John. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on. You can also try all the suggested troubleshooting steps from this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

If your console still will not turn on, I am afraid you'll need to consider sending it for service. Feel free to check the link below for more information:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. ADVENT SYZYGY Win User

xbox one and xbox one x

No error code. After I start MW up, after a minute or two, it completely turns off my xbox.
  4. YohannesG Win User

My Series S Turns Itself Off

Thank you so much. I put in the order and got an email with a shipping label to print, but how should I package it for shipping? Is there any specific way?
  5. ClausReich Win User

My Series S Turns Itself Off

Hello YohannesG! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Based on your report, it seems likely that your console might be having a hardware malfunction which is causing it to not stay powered on. Given that it can't pass the startup screen most of the time is likely a sign that your console won't be fixable through any software means (factory reset). If you've tried to do a full factory reset on your console and that hasn't fixed the issue, then I'd suggest your to request for your console to be serviced, which can be done on this page: https://account.microsoft.com/devices

You can select your Xbox Series S on there, then start the a new service order.
  6. JeffvanGundyNBA Win User

Original Xbox One not turning on

Hi Brad,

The turning off is a common problem with my xbox due to poor ventilation, but it always turns back on automatically by itself. When I turned it off after it restarted as normal, it is now not turning on anymore, instead turning on for a second and turning
    itself off again
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is... - Similar Threads - Series turn minute

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  5. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  6. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  7. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  8. Xbox serie s , lost network in the 1st 10 minutes after i turn it on,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox serie s , lost network in the 1st 10 minutes after i turn it on,: Every time i start my serie s , and start a game, the xbox lost internet connexion, both on wifi on wired internet, it happen 2 or 3 x then work good till the bext time i start the xbox againn...
  9. xbox series x turns on but no image, then turns off 1 minute later

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x turns on but no image, then turns off 1 minute later: The console was working fine yesterday. Tonight i turn it on with the controller as i always do and the controller seems to have unpaired with the console as it does not turn on the console and...
  10. Xbox Series S - Turns on but doesn’t boot and powers off after a minute

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - Turns on but doesn’t boot and powers off after a minute: Hi, I recently have had problems with my Xbox Series S. the console powers on however does not boot and turns itself off after approximately a minute. I have tried new power supply cables and have...