My Xbox Series S warranty began from the day I pre-ordered, not the day I received the console.

Discus and support My Xbox Series S warranty began from the day I pre-ordered, not the day I received the console. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On 22 September 2020 I pre-ordered an Xbox Series S direct from the Microsoft Store. I received my console on 10 November 2020 (console launch day)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MBOX2000, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MBOX2000
    MBOX2000 Guest

My Xbox Series S warranty began from the day I pre-ordered, not the day I received the console.

On 22 September 2020 I pre-ordered an Xbox Series S direct from the Microsoft Store. I received my console on 10 November 2020 (console launch day) however when I look at my Microsoft account "Devices" it has the "Microsoft Limited Warranty" as "Ends on
    23/09/2021" for my Series S. The 1-year warranty therefore started on the day I pre-ordered rather than the day I received the console. I didn't register the console myself. As it was purchased directly via the Microsoft store, Microsoft seem to have registered
    the console to my account themselves.

The guide on "Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase" directs me to contact support. I rang them, was put on hold then it must have timed out after around 30 minutes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-your-warranty-with-your-proof-of-purchase-ceca7e91-3a88-e2dc-7a21-b8c54b5429df

Any advice on how to get Microsoft to amend the end date of the warranty?

:)

MBOX2000, Jan 20, 2021
  2. cpt sheridan Win User

why did they release a new console with very limited stock ?

You had as much chance as I did to pre order a console and it wasn't my fault that you couldn't be bothered to go to your local game store to pre order a console.

Nothing like playing on my launch day console that I had the sense to pre order like the other people that were waiting in line in front of me to pre order theirs as well.

Even if I hadn't pre ordered my console I wouldn't go on the Xbox forum crying about that I couldn't buy one.

I stay in the UK and I just had a look at some of the websites that sell consoles and all of them have the Series s in stock but they have no stock for the Series X.

So I have the Xbox Series X that I pre ordered and I got a Xbox Series S two weeks ago as a spare console.
  3. Nighthawk_81 Win User

Can I purchase a warranty from Microsoft if I pre ordered the Xbox Series X in-person at GameStop?

I was able to pre-order the Xbox Series X in person at GameStop. I paid in full already but I didn't opt to buy the warranty. Was wondering if Microsoft has a stock warranty and if I can buy an extended warranty from Microsoft as well.
    I contacted Microsoft about this as well, they told me that i could purchase their extended warranty within 45 days of purchase. I did order my console from their store, but I am pretty sure that once you register the console with your Xbox account, and
    then sign into the Xbox site, there should be an option to extend the warranty.

The Microsoft warranty is actually really affordable, and worth it in my opinion, and i never buy warranties.
  4. bowski477 Win User

Code not been delivered for Quantum Break

When you pre-order the game from the console it should have immediately gone to your download queue to preload. Please double check your Ready to Install queue.

The codes for Alan Wake and the Windows 10 version began going out on launch day. You should receive them within 7-10 days of that.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/quantum-break-preorder

Did you pre-order from the Xbox Store or elsewhere?
  5. Skwurt Reynolds Win User

General demand question for the Xbox One

I pre-ordered both consoles through Amazon.

If you order through Amazon, they have launch day bundles for the PS4 that are still available for pre-order. Since Sony has not given an official release date, my shipping date is 31DEC. However, the launch day edition (no bundle) is unavailable for pre-order.
    If you pre-order the standard edition (not launch edition), you MIGHT get an email later on that says Amazon upgraded your standard edition to launch day edition, guaranteeing you will receive yours on that day. This also applies to the Xbox One, which is
    what happened to me. I pre-ordered Xbox One on 15JUN, then I received an email six days laters that said Amazon upgraded my pre-order to launch day. Keep in mind, there is only one bundle for the Xbox One, so I would do it fast.
  6. bowski477 Win User

Did not receive code for Quantum Break for Windows 10

Thema:

1. My Xbox Series S warranty began from the day I pre-ordered, not the day I received the console. - Similar Threads - Series warranty began

2. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  3. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  4. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  5. Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x: I bought an Xbox Series X From a retailer, and when I registered a Microsoft account to see the device warranty, I found that it will expire on January 12, 2025, but after 5 days of use, I entered...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU: Greetings, I bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller last week and just finished registering the device in my Microsoft account. The warranty lasts until March 2025. I live in the EU, but...
  7. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  8. Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken: I have a xbox series x and the Hdmi port is broken. A couple prongs on the end have come away. Xbox is still under warranty, can I get this fixed through the warranty?...
  9. Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.: Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty only gave me seven months instead of a year. Bought on the 20/12/23 from Argos registered warranty on 29/12/23. When I registered it today It says the...
  10. Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?: My new Xbox series controller have some problem with its trigger strength. One side of the trigger take a lot more force to push down than the other one. Is the warranty cover for this problem...