My Xbox series S suddenly started freezing in games

Discus and support My Xbox series S suddenly started freezing in games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox series S is less than a year old, and suddenly about 2 weeks ago my game started freezing for no reason having never had problems before. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Burbach, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Alex Burbach
    Alex Burbach Guest

My Xbox series S is less than a year old, and suddenly about 2 weeks ago my game started freezing for no reason having never had problems before. I have tried everything I can find online and nothing is fixing it

:)

Alex Burbach, Feb 11, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Alex Burbach Win User

Thank you for your timely response. I tried both of those options and neither was successful.
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Cancelling game pass issues

The xbox series s is a digital only console. To play a game on the series s it would require the game disc to start the game. The game licence is on the disc.

Regards
    Zahir
  5. Suuri Mahtaja Win User

Recent Activity on dashboard not updating.

The recent activity section of the player profile doesn't show recently unlocked achievements, not since the new year. Is this happening to everyone?
    Same problem here. My shared snaphots are also all missing since the problem. Resetting the console, restarting and clicking update button doesn't help. Problem started suddenly few days ago. Very annoying. I have Xbox Series X. My friend's Xbox Series S has no problem.
  6. Yussif AlOmar Win User

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

i have same issue

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on,
    The problem happened to me a lot and the batteries are new, and i did power cycle, The device and the control were updated

my device xbox Series s, i got it two days ago
Thema:

1. My Xbox series S suddenly started freezing in games - Similar Threads - series suddenly started

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  4. uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working: I have an Xbox Series X connected to a Yamaha receiver via HDMI. For months, it's worked perfectly with 7.1 uncompressed audio. Today, I suddenly had no sound. The receiver shows that it is...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden: Hi I went on call of duty MW3 today and my controller all of a sudden didn’t work only the analog’s and RT & LT bumpers are the only thing working. I’ve tried powering the console off unplugged...
  7. I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How...: I have seen forum posts regarding this bug and it has still not been resolved since about April. After I try and join a voice channel using Discord on my Xbox from any server, it loads for a while...
  8. What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?: What the actual hell is going on with the Xbox Series X hardware all of a sudden? It is a $500, noisy center piece that lights up is what it is now, basically. It can’t even hold an internet...
  9. Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where: So my connection has been good for as long as I remember until a week ago everytime I play call of duty or something I have so much packet loss and the game is unplayable. When I go to the network...
  10. Why snowrunner suddenly stops on my Xbox series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why snowrunner suddenly stops on my Xbox series X.: I have got snowrunner for Xbox series X but it suddenly stops every few hours and takes me back to my Xbox home screen so I have to reload the game from scratch every time it happens....