My Xbox Series S keeps turning itself off

Discus and support My Xbox Series S keeps turning itself off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have it out in the open so it’s not a ventilation problem. I’ve turned the power settings to energy saving, I’ve restarted it, nothing seems to work.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LeviW2, Nov 5, 2021.

1. LeviW2
    LeviW2 Guest

I have it out in the open so it’s not a ventilation problem. I’ve turned the power settings to energy saving, I’ve restarted it, nothing seems to work. I got the console earlier this year, this is the 3rd or 4th time it has shut itself off. It also doesn’t choose a game to do this, it’ll do it at random. Sometimes, it freezes the game and then turns itself off.

Should I return it and get another one? Send it in for a repair? I don’t want to call up Microsoft because yes I’ve tried cycling the system. No, it doesn’t work. It doesn’t give me any kind of error code, it just turns off. If there’s any advice or fix, even if I have to send it in for a repair, it would greatly be appreciated.

:)

LeviW2, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

3. LeviW2 Win User

It’s taking me to flight simulator. Am I missing something?
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you send the device for repair as it seems to be a hardware issue. You can see how to do that here https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/re...
  5. YohannesG Win User

My Series S Turns Itself Off

Thank you so much. I put in the order and got an email with a shipping label to print, but how should I package it for shipping? Is there any specific way?
  6. ClausReich Win User

My Series S Turns Itself Off

Hello YohannesG! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Based on your report, it seems likely that your console might be having a hardware malfunction which is causing it to not stay powered on. Given that it can't pass the startup screen most of the time is likely a sign that your console won't be fixable through any software means (factory reset). If you've tried to do a full factory reset on your console and that hasn't fixed the issue, then I'd suggest your to request for your console to be serviced, which can be done on this page: https://account.microsoft.com/devices

You can select your Xbox Series S on there, then start the a new service order.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series S keeps turning itself off - Similar Threads - Series keeps turning

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  4. My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.: Every time I try to install a game or update a game for longer than 20 minutes my router restarts. Now I've tried restarting my xbox even hard restarting it then I restarted my router and that...
  5. I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...: I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on I get a message to go to microsoft.com/link and enter a code. Where do I enter the code? c3e4ec3b-c415-46cb-bb34-bcea4197c1b4
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox series x keeps turning off on me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps turning off on me: I had just downloaded deep rock galactic and was playing when suddenly my console froze up and then shortly after turned off. It then continued to turn off randomly every time after I turn it...
  8. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  9. When i attempt to turn my series s controller on it just keeps flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i attempt to turn my series s controller on it just keeps flashing: When i try to turn my series s/x controller on the light just flashes and my controller doesn’t turn on, it isn’t because my controller isn’t connected to my xbox because i have tried with a wire...
  10. Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?: Im not sure this is happening I turn it on/off normally and I’ve only had it for 10 days. So I just turned on my Xbox and it says set up with the Xbox app. 3b7d6936-51d5-4215-8a8b-ba3c61eeb5fa