My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi...

Discus and support My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series S is trying to update as soon as I turn it on but the only wifi network I have access to requires me to accept the terms and conditions... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zac Vesnaver, May 30, 2023.

1. Zac Vesnaver
    Zac Vesnaver Guest

My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi...

My Xbox series S is trying to update as soon as I turn it on but the only wifi network I have access to requires me to accept the terms and conditions but the console won’t let me get that far without attempting to update again as it thinks that I am connected at this point. I’ve tried going offline and accessing the network connection page but it does the same thing once the process starts. I’ve turned off automatic updates but that hasn’t helped. I’ve restarted, turned off and on and even unplugged it a few times with no luck

:)

Zac Vesnaver, May 30, 2023
  2. Zac Vesnaver Win User

My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi network first.

Sorry I should have clarified I only have access to a public wifi service, so that is not an option.

Any way I can stop the system from attempting the update?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi network first.

then you'll have to go call your router tech-support or your Internet provider in order to get your router working properly, depending on who provided it.

You can also use an ethernet cable to connect your consort of the router which will bypass your Wi-Fi
  4. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  5. KyIronHorseman Win User

anyone having issues with the series or one s connecting by ethernet only an not wfi?

yes i have done all the above..if i have it connected via ethernet it is fne but when i go to use the wifi it wont work,,says console is connected but when i try to access my games says a connection error,,, does it on my series s and my xbox one s .. and a friends series x is doing it
  6. chrisevans2410 Win User

Perma banned and can’t see it in enforcement to submit a review

Hey I was just wondering I’ve had that message today but it won’t even let me sign into my account is that just a glitch in the system or not because Ive spent so much money on my Xbox I even brought the series s and it just seem a bit harsh that I would be perma banned and not have access to my account because of one word
Thema:

1. My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi... - Similar Threads - series trying update

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  4. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  5. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  6. Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...

in XBoX on Windows
    Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...: it gets up to 3% download and then it gives me the error message every single time, I tried turning the console on and off again, I know it’s not my internet, the internet works just fine for it....
  7. I keep getting an error trying to update my series X, error code 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting an error trying to update my series X, error code 0x80070570 0x00000000...: I love in south Korea so I’m not really able to bring it somewhere stateside to repair it, what do I do? c56c54d9-dbfb-4d5e-b48b-b438f08bf147
  8. my xbox series x wont let me do anything when trying to update games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x wont let me do anything when trying to update games.: when i have games i can update, i hit the update and they go into the que. after that nothing can launch. it just hangs there and after a bit i get a popup that says "for some reason xx has taken...
  9. How do I fix my Xbox series x to update my games I've tried everything except for factory...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series x to update my games I've tried everything except for factory...: I've tried holding down th Xbox button for ten seconds unplugged it restarted my routr restarted my Xbox nothing will work what can I do ? c0fd35c6-cf81-41ee-9980-02fb63b6d406
  10. Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...: Greetings- frustrated dad here trying to set up my son’s series s on his birthday! He started setting it up before school and I think did some things out of order. Performed update then had to go...