My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.

Discus and support My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One day as usual, playing on my Xbox Series S when suddendly a network issue came out. I always use my LAN port to play online, since my wifi works... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Franco SebastianRengel, Feb 11, 2024.

1. My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug.

One day as usual, playing on my Xbox Series S when suddendly a network issue came out.

I always use my LAN port to play online, since my wifi works really bad.

The point is that even tho, i unplug my LAN cable, and try to connect via wifi, it doens't allow me by any way.

I've tried several things, such as troubleshooting menu, changing some parameters like DNS, IP, etc.

But nothing seems to help. On the menu it says that the LAN cable is still connected into the port, when of course theres nothing pluged. I didnt hit the port neither broke the cable. Everything is fine.

In brief: The console doesn't allow me to connect to internet, because it says that there is a plugged cable

i cannot use wifi, I also tried with several other LAN cables, even new modems. NOTHING WORKS.

I really don't know what to do My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug. :(

Its such a lame because beyond that, the console works perfect, but i no longer can play online.

I'm really looking forward for some help or advises, it would be a shame getting rid of it, beacause of that, it makes me really sad because I've saved a lot to but it. Thank you everyone, hope u can help me.

:)

Franco SebastianRengel, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Franco S. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, I would like to suggest the following potential solutions:

Note: Skip the ones you already tried.

A. Power cycle your console:

“Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps.
    Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important: If your console is in Sleep mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Sleep mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying “Xbox on,” won't be enabled until you restart the console.”

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

B. Bring up the Xbox startup troubleshooter and perform a factory reset by keeping games and apps once you reach the screen.

“Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note: The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10–15 seconds.
    Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.”

Note: Make sure to know your account credentials before doing this step.

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/startup-error

C. If that option doesn't work, please repeat the steps again, but this time choose “remove everything”.

D. Perform an offline update on your console.
    This potential fix requires a USB drive and a PC to transfer the files to it:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

I'll look forward to hearing your answers.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Arshaan Win User

Remote play on PC from XBOX X really blurry.

Xbox series S and X have some (hopefully known) bug that causes this.

My use case for remote is 80% local and 20% remote.

I have a PS5 that works extremely well for this.

My LAN is 1000/1000 wired to the consoles and 866/866 wireless to the client (tested on iPad, Samsung s7+ tab, windows PC)

Internet is gigabit fiber and usually sits between 700-900 mbps up/down

I got a series S a short while ago and faced the same issue on LAN.. android and iPad were very low resolution and blocky (probably 800X600)

Windows client was a little better . Perhaps 1366x768.

On the bright side , Lag was excellent with minimal latency between controller input and action.

Assuming this to be an issue with the weaker hardware on series S, I got a series X but same problem.

Internet test on the console shows 800-900 down, 500-600 up but latency is marked in yellow (probably because I am in India and I think the closest server is in Singapore).

None of this should have had any impact on LAN remote play - but I suspect even LAN play is routed via the Internet
  4. Y0DAMAN20 Win User

Connecting to Hotel WiFi

Set a laptop's Mac address to be the same as the xbox. Leave the xbox off. Open the internet on the laptop and get past the hotel login page. Disconnect the laptop from hotel wifi or Lan cable. Power on the Xbox and connect it to the hotel wifi or lan. I
    had to use the lan cable because I couldn't change the mac address on my laptop wifi port, only the lan port. Then everything worked great. Played Destiny for hours with no problems.
  5. Arminator Win User

McAfee internet security - Firewall is blocking access to xbox live - how to fix please?

[quote user="MisguidedTroll1"]

I was having trouble having full access to xbox live but then I turned off my firewall and it worked perfectly...

[/quote]

Could you please explain in more detail how your PC and Xbox connect to the Internet? Is your Xbox connecting
    through your PC? For example: Are you plugging the Xbox into the PC's LAN Port, and use the PC's WLAN or a 3G/4G Mobile internet stick to go online?

Or is your Xbox connected to a router to which your PC connects as well?
  6. BlitzGear02 Win User

My Controller is Severely Messing up my PC in every game I play with it.

That’s not a controller issue, the Xbox Wireless Controllers don’t have a reputation for obliterating computers. My controllers, which include the Series X|S version and the Xbox One version, both connect and work fine with it.

(With the exception of the Series X|S controller being almost completely unusable right now for me, due to firmware bugs. But even with those bugs, it didn’t screw up my computer or the game I was playing.)

Maybe the game you’re trying to play doesn’t have gamepad support?
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series S is troubling to connect to internet due to LAN port bug. - Similar Threads - Series troubling connect

2. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  3. Trouble Connecting Arctis 9X headset to Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble Connecting Arctis 9X headset to Xbox series X: I have a Xbox series X and recently bought the arctic 9X wireless headset when I connected the headset I was able to get sound but I have been having issues getting the mic to work. I’ve tried...
  4. I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc: Every time i try to remote play on my xbox on my pc I get an error telling me that the console has been found but it was impossible to connect. On mobile remote play on my console works just...
  5. Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X: I have gone through many forums and I haven’t found a solution that works. For some reason I can no longer connect to Xbox live when trying to play any 360 game I have either purchased or...
  6. Xbox series s has trouble remembering wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s has trouble remembering wifi: Almost every time I sign into my Xbox series s I have to sign into my wifi with the password. It never remembers my wifi, I’ve followed multiple steps to fix this and nothing changes. It’s 100%...
  7. Having trouble getting sound out of my AOC G2 series monitor with Mr series s xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble getting sound out of my AOC G2 series monitor with Mr series s xbox: Trying to get sound out of my AOC G2 series monitor with my Xbox series s 4f58730c-2f3c-47bc-93c9-2972bd79413f
  8. My xbox series x will go into low resolution mode and trouble shooting then immediately...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x will go into low resolution mode and trouble shooting then immediately...: I was try to move games from one external storage device to another, then it froze up. I restarted the console but it would show the booting up sequence, then a black screen. I've inspected all...
  9. Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X update trouble with brand new console: I just got a new console and the update keeps getting stuck on step 2 at 27% no matter how many times I restart the update. I’ve looked at articles to try and troubleshoot, but I can’t find...
  10. I’m on Xbox series s and I’m having trouble locating the game capture upload queue. Any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m on Xbox series s and I’m having trouble locating the game capture upload queue. Any...: Im concerned the queue may be jammed. I tried basically everything from Turing it on and off and looking everywhere in the settings I even did a soft factory reset (with the keep games option) to...