My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.

Discus and support My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have a monitor capable of it, and my Xbox is too. it shows that it has 1440p selected. changes do not occur with varying frame rates. any idea... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nicholas Mcclelland, Mar 13, 2025.

  1. My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.


    So, I have a monitor capable of it, and my Xbox is too. it shows that it has 1440p selected. changes do not occur with varying frame rates. any idea why?

    :)
     
    Nicholas Mcclelland, Mar 13, 2025
    #1
  2. Faline C Win User

    My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.

    Hi Nicholas, thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're facing this problem with your display.

    Which frame rate are you trying to use? Also, what's the model of your monitor?

    First, you need to check the monitor documentation pages to see if 1440p is supported through HDMI.

    Let me know if you have any questions! :)
  3. Nicholas Mcclelland Win User

    My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.

    yes, the games i play are capable of it.
  4. Nicholas Mcclelland Win User

    My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.

    so i am trying to use 120hz with 1440p, the monitor handbook says it it supported through hdmi, and i know that it’s an xgaming monitor. might i need an hdmi 2.1 cord?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.

    The game also has to be capable of it and the dashboard will only run a certain set resolutions
  6. Faline C Win User

    My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.

    No, HDMI 2.0 is enough for 1440p at 120Hz. HDMI 2.1 is only needed for 4K at 120Hz or higher. Although, with certain monitors, 1440p and 120hz can be tricky and not automatic.

    What is your monitor model? There could be specific settings (i.e. 'freesync' and 'allow 4k') that could be interfering.
Thema:

My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p.

Loading...
  1. My Xbox series S is capable of it but my monitor does not show 1440p. - Similar Threads - series capable monitor

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  10. If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...: If I was to buy a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed out at 120hz ? And do I need anything specific to play games at 120hz or higher?...