My Xbox Series S Game DVR Captures has no sound.

Discus and support My Xbox Series S Game DVR Captures has no sound. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, Ever since I'd got a New Xbox Series S for Christmas last year, I was thinking of uploading some gameplay footage, on YouTube. But... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cal242, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Cal242
    Cal242 Guest

Dear Microsoft,

Ever since I'd got a New Xbox Series S for Christmas last year, I was thinking of uploading some gameplay footage, on YouTube. But However, though, it seems that every time I'd finished capturing a video, it just plays as normal, but without the sound. I just don't understand why? It seems like a simple bug at first, but later on, it's very difficult. I'd tried everything to get the sound working, even as far as lowering the resolution to 720p. But so far, no luck. It's starting to become so annoying. So do you have any solution to fix the problem? I'll be really happy if you. My Xbox Series S Game DVR Captures has no sound. :)

Oh, and before I go, here's is what's talking about, as well the setting I'd just put on.

Love,

Calvin

Game Footage: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak29DRJXFmOjiltdtXYEz7pPEqyB?e=xvsydD

Game DVR Setting:
    My Xbox Series S Game DVR Captures has no sound. [​IMG]

:)

Cal242, Apr 8, 2022
  2. Cal242 Win User

No audio on game capture clips Xbox Series X

I have the same problem too. Be sure to read my problem about it: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/my-xbox-series-s-game-dvr-captures-has-no-sound/faeffec4-bc91-4170-909b-617cb0ff68a0
  3. XBF - Evie Win User

Hello Cal242,

Thank you for your response. Below are the settings that allowed me to have audio in my DVR recordings, using an Xbox Series X and my own television. I recorded clips from various games and all clips had game audio.

First, please make sure that your console is completely updated. Go to Settings > System > Updates to get the latest firmware.

Audio Settings:

General > Volume & Audio Output

• Speaker Audio:
      • HDMI Audio
        • 7.1 uncompressed
    • Headset Audio
      • Headset format
        • Windows Sonic
    Advanced > Additional options

• No boxes checked
    • Party chat options set to Headset & speakers
    Preferences > Capture & share

• Capture
      • Allow game captures > captures by me or games
      • Record what happened > 30 seconds
      • Automatically upload > Captured by me
      • Game clip resolution > 1080p SDR (1 minute max)
      • Capture location > Internal storage
    Sincerely,

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
  4. XBF - Evie Win User

Hello Cal242,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. We understand that your in-game DVR clips do not have audio. Let us look into this together to get you back to gaming.

In order to better assist with troubleshooting this issue, could you please tell us what kind of headset you are using?

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Microsoft Community
  5. Cal242 Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for your response. Below are the settings that allowed me to have audio in my DVR recordings, using an Xbox Series X and my own television. I recorded clips from various games and all clips had game audio.

First, please make sure that your console is completely updated. Go to Settings > System > Updates to get the latest firmware.

Audio Settings:

• Speaker Audio:
      • HDMI Audio
        • 7.1 uncompressed
    • Headset Audio
      • Headset format
        • Windows Sonic

• No boxes checked

• Capture
      • Allow game captures > captures by me or games
      • Game clip resolution > 1080p SDR (1 minute max)
      • Capture location > Internal storage
    Sincerely,

XBF - Evie

Microsoft Community
    Okay Then, I just tried your recommended setting, along with a few tweaks. But however, my recorded video still has no audio whatsoever. And also, if I managed to fix it, the video could de-sync. (Meaning the audio plays ahead of the video.) Is there something wrong with it?

Here are my settings:

Audio Settings:

• Speaker Audio:

HDMI Audio: Stereo Uncompressed

Headset Audio: Windows Sonic

• No boxes checked

• Capture
      • Allow game captures > captures by me
      • Game clip resolution > 720p SDR (3 minutes max)
      • Capture location > External storage
    And also, Here's the OneDrive Link of the Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak29DRJXFmOjimsxv9i4XEE9uuBU?e=DsUGYf
  6. Cal242 Win User

Hello ,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. We understand that your in-game DVR clips do not have audio. Let us look into this together to get you back to gaming.

In order to better assist with troubleshooting this issue, could you please tell us what kind of headset you are using?

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Microsoft Community
    I Don't have a headset whatsoever, I only use my TV as speakers
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series S Game DVR Captures has no sound. - Similar Threads - Series Game DVR

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  6. can you optimize for series s/x these games

in XBoX Accessibility
    can you optimize for series s/x these games: 1 crash team racing nitro fueled 2 crash n sane triligoy 3 spyro reignited triligoy 4 gears of war 4 5 mx vs atv all out 6 megaman 11 7 red dead redemtion 2 8 star wars battlefront 2 ea 9...
  7. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  8. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  9. Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games: I got my xbox sx in December from ab Ebay seller. Was pretty much brand new. Since I have had it on certain games the controller disconnects and reconn̈acts for no reason. Does this on Alan wake ,...
  10. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...