My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

Discus and support My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kenny m1, Apr 18, 2024.

  1. kenny m1
    kenny m1 Guest

    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off


    Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a little bit, there are burn stains on it now.

    :)
     
    kenny m1, Apr 18, 2024
    #1
  2. L89 Sonic Win User

    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

    Hey Kenny,

    Sonic here, I'm an Xbox Ambassador.

    Sometimes your Xbox may power on in a sleeping state to update itself, but this does not explain the smoke.

    If there has been a malfunction with your console you will need to file a warranty claim, granted your console is within it's warranty period, you can do that here - https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced.

    I understand consoles can get hot due to low ventilation or objects obstructing the vents so also explore this too.

    Keep me updated,
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Digital code XBOXONE/XBOXS

    While the Series S is capable of 120hz output, almost no games on it support it. This is the budget system. It's not made for power.

    If you wish this feature you're better off purchasing Series X
  4. MetalNutz Win User

    My controller almost caught on fire

    I've read a lot about issues with controllers, but never one that caught fire. Wow.
  5. gamerrcool90525 Win User

    My controller almost caught on fire

    i am thanks for the tips tho
  6. DarthLegacy905 Win User

    My controller almost caught on fire

    ive never heard of that happening ever in my life and I used to work with Microsoft... sounds like you need to return it and get a new one.
Thema:

My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

Loading...
  1. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off - Similar Threads - series almost caught

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox Series X - Local cache is almost full - help needed

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - Local cache is almost full - help needed: I made a post about this in Xbox Support, but I saw this was a common insider issue. I have know idea of I am an insider, but I thought it would be good to get some help here too. I was going to...