My Xbox runs fine but when i update xbox it broke my hard drive error e 68 :/

Discus and support My Xbox runs fine but when i update xbox it broke my hard drive error e 68 :/ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello what to do >.< after i update xbox prompt me about updating xbox again then when i choose to update since it is required it says that i dont... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by frichieny, Jan 5, 2014.

1. frichieny
    frichieny Guest

Hello what to do >.< after i update xbox prompt me about updating xbox again

then when i choose to update since it is required it says that i dont have enough space on my HDD >.< its got me questioning since i remember that i have 150gb more space then when i check my settings > storage i got shocked when i saw that its unformatted
    then i read in xbox forums and follow some of their advice to format my Hard drive follow their instruction but it broke my hard drive >.<

:)

frichieny, Jan 5, 2014
  2. New Slim: E-68 Error.

In mid- June i recieved the E-68 error. I sent my Xbox Slim in and they supposedly "fixed" it. I got a new Xbox Slim and it worked fine. But when i put the 250 GB hard drive in, and turn the console on, it says "System Error" and the Code is E-68. I suspect
    the hard drive. Please help!

xxkillanoobtoob, Jan 5, 2014
  3. New 250 gb xbox 360 s hard drive issues

I purchased a new xbox 360 slim w/ a 250gb hard drive just 4 days ago. Tonight when I got home, I tried to cut my xbox on and I got a red dot, and the e 68 message. I tried to find solutions on the support section of the website and I learned that my hard
    drive is messed up. The new xbox cuts on and works fine when I took the hard drive out, but when I tried to play with the hard drive, I got the same e 68 message. I registered for a repair, but I was told to send in my xbox without any accessories (including
    the hard drive) even though the hard drive is the problem. I'm confused about what to send in. Someone help. Please. Thanks in advance..

GrP3xXpHeNoMz, Jan 5, 2014
  4. frichieny
    frichieny Guest

it shows me Error e 68 and a red light but not blinking :/

frichieny, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

After looking for this error code, I have found an article that may fix your problem. Please follow the link bellow to go to this article

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

I hope this helps, but please be sure to post back your results

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 5, 2014
  6. TROJANchamp1
    TROJANchamp1 Guest
    Same thing happened to my hardrive

TROJANchamp1, Jan 5, 2014
  7. Hey there,

Thanks for replying to this post

Did you follow all of the instructions in the article?

Also, what error code did you receive, if any?

Please get back to me as soon as you can

Regards

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 5, 2014
  8. TROJANchamp1
    TROJANchamp1 Guest

These article are not providing any help to solving this problem.

TROJANchamp1, Jan 6, 2014
  9. Hey there,

Was your problem due to the fact that after the update your Hard drive was unformatted?

If so, I have phoned up support again and got some more troubleshooting steps for you to have a go at:

Could you please unplug your Xbox 360 and everything that is connected to it. After you have done this, you will need to inject the Hard Drive for the console. For help with this, please follow the instructions within the article bellow.

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

After you have done this, please plug everything back into your Xbox 360. Plug everything back in, including your network cables. Then start it up again. After you have done this, you should then see the Hard Drive back in the Storage area, and it should
    be formatted back to the Xbox 360.

All of this information has been handed down from phone support, and they say it should work with this. However if it doesn't work, please feel free to ring support your self or keep posted to the forums for more troubleshooting steps.

Please post back any results back from this step. I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Oct 31, 2018
  10. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there,

Thanks for replying to this post

Did you follow all of the instructions in the article?

Also, what error code did you receive, if any?

Please get back to me as soon as you can

Regards
  11. TROJANchamp1 Win User

Same thing happened to my hardrive
  12. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

After looking for this error code, I have found an article that may fix your problem. Please follow the link bellow to go to this article

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

I hope this helps, but please be sure to post back your results

Regards,
  13. frichieny Win User

it shows me Error e 68 and a red light but not blinking :/
  14. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there,

Was your problem due to the fact that after the update your Hard drive was unformatted?

If so, I have phoned up support again and got some more troubleshooting steps for you to have a go at:

Could you please unplug your Xbox 360 and everything that is connected to it. After you have done this, you will need to inject the Hard Drive for the console. For help with this, please follow the instructions within the article bellow.

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

After you have done this, please plug everything back into your Xbox 360. Plug everything back in, including your network cables. Then start it up again. After you have done this, you should then see the Hard Drive back in the Storage area, and it should
    be formatted back to the Xbox 360.

All of this information has been handed down from phone support, and they say it should work with this. However if it doesn't work, please feel free to ring support your self or keep posted to the forums for more troubleshooting steps.

Please post back any results back from this step. I hope this helps you,

Regards,
Thema:

1. My Xbox runs fine but when i update xbox it broke my hard drive error e 68 :/ - Similar Threads - runs fine update

2. My Xbox only lagges when I play 2k. Every other games runs fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox only lagges when I play 2k. Every other games runs fine: I’m trying to play nba 2k and I’m experiencing lagging heavy and my internet is very fast. I’ve tried other games I don’t lagg ant all. But when I play NBA 2k the games skips. I’ve tried...
  3. Hi! So my Xbox series X has been running perfectly fine up until late summer this year. Now...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi! So my Xbox series X has been running perfectly fine up until late summer this year. Now...: I know many people experienced the same thing, and although I know this might well be just a game-related issue, I'm afraid it could be a sign my Series X is "dying". Now, I care to highlight that...
  4. download stuck on 1 game but run fine on other (error 0xd050123)

in XBoX on Windows
    download stuck on 1 game but run fine on other (error 0xd050123): as you can see in the screenshot [img] e641fcca-6752-4580-8531-2f256c1a4780
  5. XBOX ONE KINECT starts to lag after 10 seconds of running fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT starts to lag after 10 seconds of running fine: I have been using the Xbox One Kinect with my PC for years. All of a sudden when I activate the connect studio v 2.0 software it will start up fine then after about 10 seconds the 3D graphics on...
  6. My Xbox one is turning off when I launch a game but it's working fine when running YouTube...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is turning off when I launch a game but it's working fine when running YouTube...: Xbox turning off automatically when I run a game on it please let me know what is the problem 712216da-cf10-4629-84d4-0b5a002033ec
  7. Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?: Basically what it says on the tin, my multiplayer connection is so poor and so slow whenever I join a game, yet whenever I run tests on it like “Test multiplayer connection”, “Test NAT type” or...
  8. Why are my games running terribly even though it says they are supposed to run fine?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are my games running terribly even though it says they are supposed to run fine?: There is a website called "Can I run it?" and it tells you if your computer can run certain games depending on your specs. it says my pc can run most games really well but when I play them they...
  9. Can’t play Xbox Series X Optimized Games online but regular Xbox One games run fine online

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play Xbox Series X Optimized Games online but regular Xbox One games run fine online: It’s pretty weird issue I’m having maybe someone had the same issue and figured it out. For some reason I can’t play online on Forza Horizon 4 and Fifa 21 Online. Fifa is weird cause I can play...
  10. Can't load a game (digital or disc) but can run other apps just fine - no error message and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load a game (digital or disc) but can run other apps just fine - no error message and...: Hi all! I've had a weird issue and I've tried just about everything (I'll list what I've tried below). It's an original Xbox One, not the S or anything like that. Here's the issue: [img] On...