My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a...

Discus and support My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one s turns on but won't stay on. If It does it goes to the troubleshoot screen. I try to reset to factory settings but it'll turn itself off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kevin Jacinto, Nov 25, 2022.

1. My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a...

My xbox one s turns on but won't stay on. If It does it goes to the troubleshoot screen. I try to reset to factory settings but it'll turn itself off in the middle of it. I hit reset and turn off too but it'll either not turn back on or it'll go to troubleshoot screen. The same thing happened yesterday but after 2 hours it was fine. I'm thinking it's a ventilation problem since my power cord is fine and my siblings xbox are fine too so it's not a power problem. If you know something let me know asap please.

:)

Kevin Jacinto, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Kevin Jacinto Win User

My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a ventilation problem. How do I fix it without sending it to repair, and if I have to how much will it cost?

It will also not stay on long enough for Me to preform a powercycle
  3. Kevin Jacinto Win User

My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a ventilation problem. How do I fix it without sending it to repair, and if I have to how much will it cost?

The error code is E200. Will a Seagate storage box cause corruption?
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work, can you please let me know what Error code you're seeing on your end? It can be E106, E105, E102, etc.

Also, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

they don't repair the xbox one s anymore as they no longer make them to my knowledge, you will need to take to a local repair shop for them to look at it, could be a thermal issue but most likely the internal psu.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Ventilation will not cause it to shut down in 5 seconds

Most likely it's a bad power supply that fails when it ramps up past the initial boot

You will have to send it in for repair
Thema:

My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a...

1. My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a... - Similar Threads - powers off seconds

2. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  3. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  4. Xbox one x powers on for a few seconds then powers back off, what’s wrong?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x powers on for a few seconds then powers back off, what’s wrong?: Xbox one x powers on for a few seconds then powers back off on its own, what’s wrong with it? f99c4da5-bb79-45a5-a65d-c7caab5d2bcc
  5. Xbox one s turn off after a couple seconds after hitting power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s turn off after a couple seconds after hitting power button: Xbox one s. Will turn off . I hit the power button and the light and sound come on but will turn off after a few seconds. I tried holding the eject and sync button while powering on and same thing...
  6. Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.: My younger brother passed away back in December 2022, and I just recently (past couple of days) got his Xbox One S. The first night I had it at my apartment, it turned on just fine with no issues,...
  7. Xbox One S power button light turning on for one second then back off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S power button light turning on for one second then back off: My Xbox One S won’t stay turned on. I press the power button and it will turn on for one second then right back off and that’s all it’ll do. I’ve tried plugging it into different outlets to fix...
  8. My Xbox one turns on for a second then off immediately. The power brick is Orange and turn...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox one turns on for a second then off immediately. The power brick is Orange and turn...: It only turn on for maybe less then a second and then off. The power brick turns green for the second it’s on then back to orange 9f555838-c65a-4272-ac76-f3f5f0f715a0
  9. Xbox turns on for a second then turns off immediately, also power brick has a orange light.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox turns on for a second then turns off immediately, also power brick has a orange light.: My problem is that when I try to turn on my Xbox one it turns on for a second then turns off. I have tried a lot of videos that say unplug everything from the xbox then wait ten seconds to plug it...
  10. Xbox one turns on for a second then turns off power is brick is orange (tried two other...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns on for a second then turns off power is brick is orange (tried two other...: My xbox one orignal turns on for a second then instantly turns off tried multiple power bricks but still not working and tried resetting to by holding the eject button and sync button still not...