My xbox power supply is making a revving noise and heating up very fast

Discus and support My xbox power supply is making a revving noise and heating up very fast in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just cleaned all the dust from it, reset the power supply, plugged it in to a new outlet and it's still doing it please help... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by guyguyguyvuyguy, Jan 23, 2023.

1. My xbox power supply is making a revving noise and heating up very fast

I've just cleaned all the dust from it, reset the power supply, plugged it in to a new outlet and it's still doing it please help

:)

guyguyguyvuyguy, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Guy, by your description about the power supply you must have an Xbox One Fat, if it is making a sound you must take your equipment to a technical assistance so that they can help you and see what is wrong with the equipment.
  3. DeathWishCoffee Win User

My xbox 360 AC power adapter is making a very bad noise

Is your power supply in a well vented area?

I want to think that heat my be an issue with the power supply being loud.

Another suggestion would be to use a friends power supply and see if it makes the same noise.

If not could be a faulty power supply.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox One Netzteil sehr laut [translation-Xbox One power supply very loud ]

Hello Sacha,

In this About the Xbox One power supply article, it is explained that the noise of the fan within the power supply gets
    louder as it heats up, and in this case the power supply might be overheating.

Try a different outlet, to see if a different energy source produces the same results.

If this does not cure the noise, the power supply may need to be replaced.

Try this out for us and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
  5. Unreal Warfare Win User

Will my Xbox 360 die soon?

Check your power supply unit. Last time I got three red rings my power supply had died on me and I had to get another one. If it's making a whistling, whining noise then it's on its way out. Make sure it's free from dust aswell so that it's not over heating.
  6. HeyThatsMYBeer Win User

Power supply brick makes strange noises

support.xbox.com/.../power-supply

Power supply placement, temperature, and noise

To provide sufficient cooling, the Xbox 360 external power supply uses a built-in fan to blow air through the PSU. When you press the power button to start your Xbox 360 console, the PSU fan starts. Typically, the PSU fan makes a "whirring" noise. When your
    Xbox 360 console is in standby mode or when the console is disconnected from the PSU, the fan does not operate. The speed of the fan increases or decreases when the temperature of the PSU changes. If the fan speed changes, the "whirring" noise that the fan
    produces increases or decreases.

To help the power supply operate efficiently and safely, follow these precautions:

Don't block any ventilation openings on the power supply.

Don't put the power supply on a bed, a sofa, or any other soft surface that might block the ventilation openings.

Don't put the power supply in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless that space is well-ventilated.

Don't put the power supply near any heat source, such as a radiator, a heat register, a stove, or an amplifier.

Don't stack other electronic devices on top of the power supply.

Make sure that the power supply is positioned horizontally and lays flat on the four rubber pads on its base.

If the power supply is making excessive noise, you might have a power strip or surge protector that is overloaded. Plug your power supply directly in to a wall outlet and see if the problem persists.
Thema:

1. My xbox power supply is making a revving noise and heating up very fast - Similar Threads - power supply making

2. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  3. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  4. Power Supply Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Replacement: Hello everyone so recently my Xbox One S has stopped working with a Power Supply Problem I opened my Xbox and confirmed to issue it needs a Replacement Power Adapter the one internally in the xbox...
  5. Is my xbox power supply broken???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox power supply broken???: Recently my power supply was white when only plugged into the power socket, but when sometimes plugged into xbox one it turned to orange. Is the power supply the problem or the xbox???...
  6. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  7. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?: Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line...
  8. Power Supply question

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply question: Hi, I have Original Xbox one, I have it set to energy saving, so its suppose to completely shut down after I turn the console off, which I believe it does, however the light on power supply...
  9. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  10. My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...: My Xbox won't power up. The power supply has an amber led and the unit makes the power sound. The power led lit once, but not since. Help! 69719a45-9e81-4d54-a725-c491bb5dad50