My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...

Discus and support My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In the last few hours of trying to find solutions I have discovered that the issue is coming from some way that the Gaming Services app interacts with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matt Sweeney1, Jun 2, 2023.

1. My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...

In the last few hours of trying to find solutions I have discovered that the issue is coming from some way that the Gaming Services app interacts with the XBox app. I have tried a great number of services and none have worked. I have:

- Closed Gaming Services (GServ) in Task Manager. It immediately opens two instances again even if my XBox app and Store apps are closed. No effect on getting a response from the app.

- Repaired GServ through system settings. No effect.

- Reset GServ through system settings. No effect.

- Ran Windows update. No effect.

- Repeated steps above after running Windows update. No effect.

- Deleted registry keps of GServ and GServ.net. No effect.

- Uninstalled GServ through Powershell and reinstalled through Powershell as described in other support forum pages. No effect.

- Deleted and reinstalled XBox app. No effect.

- Deleted XBox app, deleted GServ through Powershell, reinstalled XBox, opened XBox and let it install GServ itself. No effect.

- I have seen reports of people resintalling windows and then ONLY the XBox app and it not having any effect so I'm not doing that.

This is incredibly frustrating. I have had zero issues with my PC Gamepass for two years and it is suddenly unusable. I'm seeing dozens of posts between here and Reddit going back years and this issue has never been officially resolved. Seriously considering cancelling my Gamepass subscription over this. I absolutely love the gamepass library so any help here would be very much appreciated!

:)

Matt Sweeney1, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass library

Hello Matt Sweeney1,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your PC Gamepass. We appreciate your time in trying to fix the issue and we know you have done some troubleshooting related to the GServ. I understand how frustrating this can be. Have you tried resetting the Gaming Services app? Here are the steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "ms-settings:gaming-game-services" and press Enter.

3. Click on the "Reset" button under the "Reset Game Services" section.

4. Restart your computer and try launching the Xbox app again.

If this doesn't work, you can also try resetting the Xbox app. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter.

3. Wait for the command to complete and the Microsoft Store to open.

4. Launch the Xbox app again.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please let me know and we can explore other options. However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. What happen when your Xbox app stopped working? Did it prompt with an error message? Are you in the middle of installation or update or playing a game?
    2. Are you part of PC Insider or Xbox Insider?
    3. Do you recall installing new apps like antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer? How about a game mod or add-ons?

To address your concern about reinstallation of Windows to fix the issue. The reinstallation of Windows is a last resort of troubleshooting, and this usually performed when the computer system is unable to detect one or more system file that is not functioning, went missing, got modified or removed, which results to device not to boot up and not launching a specific app or perform its task. As a support, if an issue involves modification related to removal of system files, performing extensive troubleshooting with the use of registry, (see Warning on this support article - How to open Registry Editor in Windows 10 - Microsoft Support) and of running an add-ons or apps may influences issues like this. Back up and restoration of registry (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support) and system (Create a system restore point - Microsoft Support) is highly encouraged. With that we do not recommend performing this kind of troubleshooting unless we know for sure that this is the only fix. Let us isolate the issue you are getting and let us stick to troubleshooting that will allow Team Xbox to investigate if this issue is beyond fix from the troubleshooting steps we provide.

We look forward for your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass library

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. D1Zeeeeeee Win User

Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I can't sign in to my account. Every other MS app allows login. How can I log in to these apps?

My Motorola is up to date, and I can sign in to My XBox on my mobile as well as the XBox app on PC. I also have no trouble with MS rewards or Outlook app on my mobile. But I absolutely can't access XBox or Gamepass apps from my mobile. I click continue, nothing happens, I click it more than once after waiting several minutes, it says I tried to access it too many times.
  5. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr1 Win User

Microsoft Family Gamepass Ultimate sharing

I share gamepass with my son and its suddenly stopped me from accessing games fatals answere is wrong as it was xbox support who set it up for us and its worked fine up until today
  6. JodoFly Win User

Past Due Rip Off

The thing is my gamepass stopped working when my month was up, this 8€ past due has been added to my account after my gamepass stopped and i had no access to it so that 8€ is a charge for time i didnt have it
Thema:

My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...

1. My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass... - Similar Threads - app suddenly stopped

2. My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....: As mentioned, any app or other items, such as settings. just crash out completely. I see older questions similar to this, but I'm not seeing any real resolution. MS support used to be awesome a...
  3. Installed games suddenly not appearing in Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed games suddenly not appearing in Xbox App: They will play fine on their own, but are not showing in the xbox app. 1d46ad12-141e-4fa3-a8eb-fa920f05e645
  4. Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store: I've spent so much time on this issue for the past few days. I am unable to install games on my PC via the xbox app & the microsoft store. Microsoft store install button does nothing. I have...
  5. I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020: Microsft store does not seem to work correctly. xbox app sometimes will not open, and when it does MSFS does not appear in the app (or in the store). Also if it does open it says it neeed to...
  6. XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all.: I have run into an issue where games through the XBOX App will load extremely slowly. For instance FORZA 5 will open its launch splash screen and take over 30 seconds to bring up another splash...
  7. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  8. Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...: Hey, been on the platform for as long as I remember. Anyways I have been experiencing an issue i haven't seen before anywhere. My controller's right stick input just sticks right, making it...
  9. Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden: About a week or two ago, I noticed that any downloads through the Xbox app on Windows were failing and giving me a "see error for details" link. When I click the popup I get a "something...
  10. TV App crops image all of a sudden

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TV App crops image all of a sudden: Is anyone else experiencing issues with image cropping when watching HD channels over the Xbox App ? I suspect this to be related to a recent update as I have had this working fine for years now...