My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has...

Discus and support My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The console is 6 years old if this helps . 63b0809b-488b-4e7a-a069-92a6c69b843c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Charlie Millar, May 30, 2023.

1. My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has...

The console is 6 years old if this helps .

:)

Charlie Millar, May 30, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has started to overheat for no reason and shuts down all the time but there is no dust left.whats causing this?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly make sure that the console is in a well-ventilated place, Charlie with enough space on top, both sides, and at the back to make sure.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Also, perform the steps below accordingly, we need to cool off the console by following the steps below:

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug everything on your console and wait for an hour before plugging them all back.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console"

We can also use this helpful article: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Martmcd (mod) Win User

My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has started to overheat for no reason and shuts down all the time but there is no dust left.whats causing this?

Thanks for the reply, my console is in a very open area near a window too if that helps.

Thanks.
    Moderator note -

Charlie Millar and Charlie Millar1

It's not a violation of the Code of Conduct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqCodeConduct to have and use two accounts here, but it's a bad idea to post to the same thread with both. If you are getting help from an Independent Advisor, as you are, that person, because of their posting method, will only see posts from the original poster. They won't see posts from the other profile.

In this thread Francia J. won't see the reply from Charlie Millar1. You will have to reply from the Charlie Millar account that started the thread.

In fact, to avoid problems in the future, you should consider closing one of these accounts (deleting the profile.)
  4. Charlie Millar Win User

It's also hot when idling and shut down then
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Charlie Millar

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We can't help with self-repairs on the Xbox forums as this goes against the Code of Conduct & Terms of Use for Xbox. All repairs must go through Microsoft via the repair/servicing page here: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

As we are unable to help further, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Thanks,

Nathan
  6. Charlie Millar1 Win User

Thanks for the reply, my console is in a very open area near a window too if that helps.

Thanks.
Thema:

My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has...

1. My Xbox oneX was getting hot I've removed dust by opening it up, and closing after. It has... - Similar Threads - oneX was getting

2. Xbox OneX keeps cycling back to factory reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox OneX keeps cycling back to factory reset: I had the dreaded green screen on my OneX so I attempted a factory reset. On the preparing console phase it goes to 50% then resets back to the beginning, goes to 50% and repeats. I can get back...
  3. I currently have an Xbox oneX. Can I purchase a next gen only game, such as Gotham Knights,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I currently have an Xbox oneX. Can I purchase a next gen only game, such as Gotham Knights,...: I currently have an Xbox oneX. Can I purchase a next gen only game, such as Gotham Knights, through my console NOW so that I can later play it once I upgrade to a Series X console?...
  4. I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any...: Ive been having problems getting my xbox to play a disc version of Skyrim ive tried two different disc and it wont play it will however other disc. secondary question i had a digital version of it...
  5. Hogwarts Legacy X/S version playable on OneX after release/Or refund and order OneX version...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts Legacy X/S version playable on OneX after release/Or refund and order OneX version...: I bought the pre-order Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe for Xbox x/s. I tried to download but it says it's not compatible. When I bought this I had no idea an Xbox One X doesn't qualify as x series. Will...
  6. On xbox onex when streaming 4k the stream of xbox clips are extremely dark, if I switch 4k...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On xbox onex when streaming 4k the stream of xbox clips are extremely dark, if I switch 4k...: On xbox onex when streaming 4k the stream and any xbox clips are to dark to see. With 4k off the TV is to dark to see. 4883b8a3-2387-437c-8765-2523e27432a4
  7. Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX: How do I use HDMI surround sound (dolby digital or atmos) AND a chat headset attached to my controller? I have Series X connected to LG CX OLED and then audio out from TV to Vizio Atmos Sound bar...
  8. XBox 360 discs on OneX, Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 360 discs on OneX, Series X.: Hi, since the November back compat update, none of my 360 discs will play on the Series X or OneX. I've tried every trick with resetting, Dns, clearing Alternate Mac etc etc. Nothing. I contacted...
  9. why won't Mechwarrior 5 load on my Xbox oneX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't Mechwarrior 5 load on my Xbox oneX?: Why won't Mechwarrior 5 load on my Xboxone X? 4a0e7740-d29e-4a2c-bb5d-2460b0f075f8
  10. console on 22000.2597 has crashed (xbox onex)

in XboX Insiders
    console on 22000.2597 has crashed (xbox onex): looking for idea to go about fixing as im out a console. tried doing offline update with current osu1 and nothing says e101 submitted by /u/Jarr52 [link] [comments]