My Xbox one won't play games,either download or disc, I just get a loadscreen but will...

Discus and support My Xbox one won't play games,either download or disc, I just get a loadscreen but will... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My xbox one has stopped playing games, both download and disc. When I try to launch a game it displays a loadscreen but nothing happens. There are also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CHodson71, May 24, 2023.

1. CHodson71
    CHodson71 Guest

My Xbox one won't play games,either download or disc, I just get a loadscreen but will...

My xbox one has stopped playing games, both download and disc. When I try to launch a game it displays a loadscreen but nothing happens. There are also issues with some apps not launching. I have tried deleting and reinstalling downloaded games with no change. Its just games though,I can access all my downloaded movies ok.

:)

CHodson71, May 24, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

My Xbox one won't play games,either download or disc, I just get a loadscreen but will still let me watch downloaded movies

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  3. maxen Win User

minecraft story mode 8 ???

4. BenFedorko Win User

Halo 4 Sound Issues

Found a fix that worked for me. Download the game onto your harddrive and download disk#2 from XboxLive.

If you are unsure how to do this, when you get to the loadscreen, mousover the "play game" and hit X then go to download onto harddrive.

I think my Xbox was having a hard time reading the disk, if that was not an issue for you this may not fix your problem.
  5. PIRATE DUCK Win User

Skyrim download code

If you've got a download code for it, just download it. The installed game was from the disc and you won't be able to play it unless you get another disc. Just delete then download.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Playing a game without the disc in the Xbox

What do you mean by the Xbox One does not have any digital version of games? Everything stored on the Xbox One is digital. On the non-disc based games the license is stored on the HDD while on the disc based games the license is stored on the disc.
    Did you read my post correctly?

If for example I had a game in my collection on disc, installed from disc, then suddenly the game either became a Games with Gold, or a Game Pass title (assuming I had a game pass sub), that disc based game will no longer ask for the disc, should I attempt
    to launch it without said disc. The console will know I own the 'digital' license for it and won't check to see if the disc is present.

Sometimes there is confusion on these forums regarding games, installed from disc or downloaded. The disc games and the downloaded games are the same, only the way you get them is different.

That is the point I'm getting at.
Thema:

1. My Xbox one won't play games,either download or disc, I just get a loadscreen but will... - Similar Threads - won't play games

2. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  3. My external storage won't let me play games from it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage won't let me play games from it: Since I got my new xbox series x my external storage won't let me play games off it like I downloaded far cry 6 onto my external storage since my internal is full so I click on it and it come up...
  4. RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.: I recently purchased RDR2 on the Xbox store, the version that includes both story mode and online. I am confident it isn't just the online version. I installed it on my Xbox Series X - the file...
  5. Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games: Hello, I just recently started Game Sharing with my Friend. My Friend is the one with Xbox Game Pass and we Game Share so I can get access to the game library that Xbox Game Pass has. Since he has...
  6. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  7. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  8. My disc won't play games or respond Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My disc won't play games or respond Xbox one s: My Xbox one s disc player won't respond 31b2faf2-d8b5-4c74-b50a-14c45a3917a2
  9. Won't let me play my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me play my games: When igned into my account I try to launch a game or go to the microsoft store it says network problem(0x80832003) but the network is fine can launch YouTube ect. When I sign into my son's account...
  10. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...