My Xbox one wont let me add a account

Discus and support My Xbox one wont let me add a account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so my Xbox one wouldn't let me add a account and then i reset it then i went through the steps and when i came to add an account it just took 5 min to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Reese beck, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Reese beck
    Reese beck Guest

so my Xbox one wouldn't let me add a account and then i reset it then i went through the steps and when i came to add an account it just took 5 min to load then took me back to the home screen and acted like i did nothing and yes i reset the console and updated it it still didn't work and i unplugged it and it still did not work i have done everything i can

:)

Reese beck, Mar 9, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Reese beck, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully. I would like you to go through the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still getting the same issue, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Since the console is an all digital one, click on the "Bind" button, after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the button. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

In case all previously mentioned troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: Perform an offline system update | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. BillyBarnes1 Win User

Error code

Ok, I just removed my account now it wont let me add one back ffs.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox one wont let me add an account

Hey there
    joshpecker

We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is ongoing, we recommend creating a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions. Thank you and happy gaming!
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one wont let me add an account

Hello Josh,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues adding an account. We recommend a

soft factory reset
    . This will remove all profiles. There may be corruption causing the console to read all the profiles.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. CrzyMrSnow Win User

Cant add account?

it lets me sign in no problem on the app, but when I try to add the account to my xbox it wont let me and tells me to use the Microsoft account password
Thema:

1. My Xbox one wont let me add a account - Similar Threads - wont let add

2. microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on: I bought both ark genesis part 1 and part 2 on my Xbox as the were first released and I have had no problem downloading them before on windows 10 but when I recently tried reinstalling them it...
  3. Reset my xbox series s last night and now it wont let me add my account back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reset my xbox series s last night and now it wont let me add my account back.: I reset my xbox last night. Games and all . and after that i went to add new account , as one would do with a brand new xbox . and it gets stuck after pressing add new account, it just sits there...
  4. Friends disappear off of friends list after a while or wont let me add someone at all

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends disappear off of friends list after a while or wont let me add someone at all: Every time I go to add someone it either won't work and give me a error along the lines of "Sorry, we can't save your changes right now. Try again in a while." or it will let me add them but after...
  5. Remote play wont let me add my console to my library. Wth is going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remote play wont let me add my console to my library. Wth is going on?: Instant on = on Xbox live = on Controller = connected Wifi/5G = connected Xbox = hooked up Series X Just want to remote play. Ive remote played before. It reset itself. I redid the whole...
  6. It wont let me add my card to my account so I can buy a realm

in XBoX Accessibility
    It wont let me add my card to my account so I can buy a realm: It wont let me add my card to my account so I can buy a realm 806a7d65-1864-444d-afa3-7c244ae398e9
  7. Apparently wont let me add a console to my Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Apparently wont let me add a console to my Xbox app: For the past couple years I’ve been able to access Xbox app with my Xbox perfectly but after the discord update I added my discord account to my Xbox and used it to talk in discord voice chats on...
  8. Xbox removed friends wont let me add them

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox removed friends wont let me add them: So the xbox randomly removed my friend and whenever I tried to re add them it says failed to save changes please try again later I've tried multiple times I've restarted soft reset power cycle...
  9. xbox wont let me add my account back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wont let me add my account back.: Hi ,this is the first time i had this issue where xbox wouldnt let me sign in and I know this problem has occrued with many people before and in the other forums ,their issues were fixed by a hard...
  10. wont let me add people who added me and wont let me do anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    wont let me add people who added me and wont let me do anything: So this started yesterday me and my friend were in a party chat and he said when he went to his friends list that i was unfriended and he said he dosent know what happened but now it just shows...