My Xbox One won't connect to my Xbox Companion App anymore.

Discus and support My Xbox One won't connect to my Xbox Companion App anymore. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a streamer and I've been streaming off of the regular Xbox Companion App for years without any problems, but when the Xbox Cloud Gaming app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BecauseIForgot, Mar 16, 2023.

1. My Xbox One won't connect to my Xbox Companion App anymore.

Hello, I'm a streamer and I've been streaming off of the regular Xbox Companion App for years without any problems, but when the Xbox Cloud Gaming app launched, it hasn't been working ever since. The Xbox Companion App would usually connect to my Xbox One perfectly fine, but now it wouldn’t even let me hit “Test Stream.” It keeps saying that either the xbox app or my Xbox one needs updated even though everything has been up to date, including my new laptop that I stream off of.

I tried the Xbox Cloud Gaming app that was required to download, but the quality is terrible for gaming and lags every other second while playing the game, and it's 100x worse on stream. I know that it's probably a company thing and no one can actually fix this problem single-handedly, but it's just super frustrating having to change everything/update unnecessary features for this new xbox app that doesn’t even work correctly for us while its still in beta.

I am also not the only one who has this issue, I've seen other people complain about the same exact thing and there is still no solution to this problem. So this is just a request on behalf of the xbox community who has been streaming off of the xbox companion app to either fix the xbox companion app and change it back to the way it was (when it was perfectly fine), or make the xbox cloud gaming app actually playable and not force us to move to over to an app that doesn’t even work properly, please.

Thank you.

:)

BecauseIForgot, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I know how frustrating that must be. I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

I actually have seen multiple reports from other users about the issue streaming via the Companion app. Alternatively, you could try the Xbox app if it works fine on your end.

Be sure to report it to the Xbox team via the Feedback Hub so they can further investigate the issue. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....

For Cloud gaming, make sure to check the minimum requirements and if possible try to connect using a different network connection. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-...
  3. Chris Redfiled Win User

Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

I can like my friends' post on Xbox console companion!!! But I cannot do this anymore on Xbox app. Sad!
  4. Thanatomorphose Win User

Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

I had the same issue, but found a way around it.

I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now
  5. ChangingSafe183 Win User

Hotspot connect?

I've been using my mobile hotspot to connect to xbox live and watch Netflix and YouTube through the TV apps on Xbox.Today my phone had a software update and now my Xbox won't connect to my hotspot anymore. Any ideas?
  6. darkist1 Win User

XBox Live not connecting to Facebook: OAuth Error

Apparently this link no longer exists and has been removed.

In a previous post, there was a work around posted for this problem

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.
    I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"
Thema:

1. My Xbox One won't connect to my Xbox Companion App anymore. - Similar Threads - won't connect Companion

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi: For most of the year, I had my series S connected to my university's wifi because I live in the dorms here. I had to approve its MAC address at the beginning of the year, and it worked fine....
  5. Xbox won't connect to Xbox Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't connect to Xbox Network: My Series X console says it's connected to the Internet in the settings but when I'm on the homepage it says I'm offline. When I try to check my connection, it doesn't move past the "Checking...
  6. Xbox one I forgot the model it's the white sideways one won't connect to wifi but my tablet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one I forgot the model it's the white sideways one won't connect to wifi but my tablet...: I have a xbox one and when i tried to playing again today, i wasn't connected to the wifi. It may have been i unplugged it for my other Xbox for undertale, but I doubt it. When I click "connect to...
  7. My xbox won't connect to any wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox won't connect to any wifi network: My xbox series s won't connect to any wifi network. Home internet, mobile hotspot, neighbors. Please help submitted by /u/PooterScooter0 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.: Now it ran all the time this is the first time I had issues with it. I usually play my games via the Xbox Console Companion app on my pc and now I cannot connect to it. Its says turn on when it's...
  9. xbox companion app won't connect to internet.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox companion app won't connect to internet.: it's been fine for days now and now all off a sudden it makes me sign in but then tells me I need to be connected to the internet but I am so i'm lost I've tried restarting my desktop....
  10. Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook: I keep getting this error when attempting to connect to Facebook through the Xbox Console Companion: URL Blocked This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s...