My Xbox one went black screen The TV still works fine though

Discus and support My Xbox one went black screen The TV still works fine though in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got home from work this morning and turned on my Xbox one to play a video game I started playing the game and it was like I had a black out occurred... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by garranc33, Nov 26, 2020.

1. garranc33
    garranc33 Guest

Got home from work this morning and turned on my Xbox one to play a video game I started playing the game and it was like I had a black out occurred but it was just my screen I unplugged everything and plugged it back and nothing my Xbox one turns on But
    there was just a black screen how do I know where to fix the problem?? I’m not sure of the year but I have a Vizio HDTV it’s probably 10 years old

:)

garranc33, Nov 26, 2020
  2. LEGODUDEAPRIL1 Win User

You could try power cycling it, here.

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on
    the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on
    the console or the Xbox button on
    your controller."
  3. garranc33 Win User

Okay I tried it both ways turning it on after the 10 sec shutdown on the console. No luck either way .... grabbed a different hdmi cord and tried in place of the Hmdi in plug in
  4. Cyberstrike nTo Win User

Youtube app won't load

All I get on Xbox One is a black screen. It was working fine until yesterday afternoon. It still works on my Xbox 360.
  5. j1mmers Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue on Windows 11 Xbox App, tried everything that people said here, but still black screen after the spaceship. Streaming works fine on my iPhone. Something curious is that even if its a black screen I can still hear the xbox sounds and games, but only the black screen is the issue...
    Yep. Seems to be a widespread problem. The only solution is to turn your TV on before streaming. If the TV is on it works flawless.

I really hope they come out with a fix because I don't want to have my TV on when I stream remotely. Defeats the purpose.
  6. JP83X Win User

screen black out

Between matches today on BF4 I hit the xbox button and then the screen flickered and went black. I could hear that everything was working fine but the screen was black. I did a full restart of my xbox and everything went back to normal.
Thema:

1. My Xbox one went black screen The TV still works fine though - Similar Threads - went black screen

2. My Xbox Series S went black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S went black.: Hello, I was playing Elden Ring when suddenly my Xbox Series S went black. The console was still starting (xbox logo on it is glowing) but the screen stopped recognizing HDMI connection to the...
  3. Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...: I tried hard resetting several times, changing the hdmi ports/cables nothing works. Now my pc no longer connects to anything!!! My pc cost me $2000 HELP??!! 26e19f87-ded9-4284-a233-36f09ddbaf50
  4. My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...: I just turned on my xbox one in the morning and it became like this? I haven't dropped / hit it I just used it 10 hrs ago and it was working fine I have tried a new cable and a new port but it...
  5. Screen went black during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen went black during update: during latest update my screen went black won't. Start up. Tried getting to trouble shoot page nothing. Tried starting in low resolution nothing. Warranty expired but was the update that did it...
  6. Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.: Hi, all. So, I've had my device for a while now, (since fall of 2015,) so if it's dead or dying, I'm not exactly shocked. If it can be saved, though, I'm hopeful. On Saturday, (2nd of May) I...
  7. After reverting to the non-insider OS update, the screen went black and the light is...

in XboX Insiders
    After reverting to the non-insider OS update, the screen went black and the light is...: I left the preview build of the OS, and then went to update to leave the preview build, it was updating and everything was normal but the screen shut off and around 80 percent and now the light on...
  8. Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...: I went to play a game & it said it took too long to start multiple times & with multiple games so I pressed restart xbox & the screen went black and it didn’t restart at all so I unplugged the...
  9. screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds: hey so i recently got my xbox one x and first time instaling disks so i installed 3 xbox 360 disks no problem then i put in black ops 3 a xbox one disk it started to download and a update poped up...
  10. My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do?: It has been a few weeks since this happened, it looks like I have this thing called the ''Green Screen of Death'' or GSOD for short. but ive heard that people get an error code after a couple of...