my xbox one shut off by itself and won’t turn back on. the power cord is fine, it’s not...

Discus and support my xbox one shut off by itself and won’t turn back on. the power cord is fine, it’s not... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one shut off by itself last night by itself and turned back on instantly after pressing the power button. it did the same thing today but now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hayden Averitt-Mohr, Feb 20, 2023.

1. my xbox one shut off by itself and won’t turn back on. the power cord is fine, it’s not...

my xbox one shut off by itself last night by itself and turned back on instantly after pressing the power button. it did the same thing today but now won’t turn on. it makes the noise but does nothing.

:)

Hayden Averitt-Mohr, Feb 20, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

my xbox one shut off by itself and won’t turn back on. the power cord is fine, it’s not overheating or hot. please help.

3. MaxSterling-040173B0 Win User

Xbox One > Power & Startup > TV & A/V power options >Device power options...

So I performed a hard reset on the system a 2nd time... and this time unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds. My settings came back... temporarily. Last night my xbox detected my inactivity and shut itself and my tv off... like it's supposed to. I wake
    up this morning and turn my xbox one on again... and my tv didn't turn on. I check the settings again... and the settings got wiped again. Just for *** and giggles I held the power button for 10 seconds and powered off my xbox before I left for work. I came
    back home and powered it on, but it didn't restore my settings. I shut down and unplugged the power cord again. My settings came back. Apparently clearing the cache is the only thing that works to restore the setting.
  4. DanielTrader Win User

Xbox 1 X crashed again...

The Xbox is powering itself off and prompting on a restart that it shut down to due to poor ventilation. As previously stated on April 11th, I have my Xbox turn around with the venting ports going into the center of the room with fans and what not around.
    The Xbox itself shuts off and I have to manually press the "on" button on the console itself to come back on.

Soft factory reset has been completed on the 11th. I stated in my response to that thread that everything seemed fine but it is not fine.
  5. buzz corker Win User

Xbox One X playing media in slow motion?

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    I appreciate the help but it didn’t seem to work. After doing exactly what you said, everything played fine and at normal speeds. But when I turned off my Xbox and turned it on again the following day, everything had gone back to being in slow-motion.
  6. Jedi J0E Win User

Turns on but then immediately shuts off?

My Xbox One turns on just long enough to send the power on command, then it turns itself off. The second attempt always works, but of course it then sends the toggle command again so it turns my TV off. I then have to find the remote to my TV and turn
    it back on again. This happens about every other time that I turn it on. I checked all the power cords, nothing is lose, the power brick is happy.
Thema:

my xbox one shut off by itself and won’t turn back on. the power cord is fine, it’s not...

1. my xbox one shut off by itself and won’t turn back on. the power cord is fine, it’s not... - Similar Threads - shut off itself

2. x box x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box x shutting off: Hi, I have a sine wave power converter 110V , 400w in my truck....I plug in the monitor and the X box series X. I use my iphone hot spot to get on my game. Everything works in the menus,...
  3. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  4. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  5. How do I fix my Xbox shutting itself off immediately?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox shutting itself off immediately?: last night my Xbox shut off mid game, now when I press the power button it shuts it self off before I can even think b4d1a6b3-7713-4776-9d81-f8709f65fba8
  6. New Series X randomly shut itself off during Halo Infinite Campaign... No error code.

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly shut itself off during Halo Infinite Campaign... No error code.: I was about 4 hours in my play session in Halo Infinite when, all of a sudden, my Series X randomly shut itself off. The screen turned black and then green for a split second. I am debating on...
  7. Xbox series x shut itself off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x shut itself off: My series x worked fine for the last 30 days but today it started to crash and then just shuts itself off. I don't know what to do :( the first time was while watching YouTube und 2 times while...
  8. Xbox shut itself down while turning off in Instant-On mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox shut itself down while turning off in Instant-On mode: So, I was going to bed and I turned off my Xbox (it is in Instant-On mode) and it was taking awhile to turn off the TV and to stop flashing the Xbox logo (power button). So, after about it...
  9. [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.

in XboX Insiders
    [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.: I was watching a Dreamhack stream on the Twitch app, left it running full-screen and my controller turned off. After about an hour, the console shut down on its own. After this, I could not start...
  10. Xbox 1 X shut off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 X shut off by itself.: I've seen a few things in the forum, but not my exact problem. Console is not plugged into surge protector , still shut off while watching YouTube. [Mod removed- profanity]...