My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo and playing the Xbox...

Discus and support My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo and playing the Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo. It starts up and shows the logo and plays the start up sound and then shows a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rsflory, Nov 9, 2021.

1. rsflory
    rsflory Guest

My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo and playing the Xbox...

My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo. It starts up and shows the logo and plays the start up sound and then shows a black screen. Once showing the black screen I cannot do anything with the Xbox except turn it off. When I press and hold the Xbox button on the remote it will bring up the menu to turn off the controller or console. The TV this is connected to works fine for all inputs.

I have tried a few things that I found on line and on the community site, including:

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console. Unplug the power cord and wait 5 minutes.
    3. Re-connect the power cord. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.
    None of the attempts have fixed the problem.

Any suggestions?

:)

rsflory, Nov 9, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo and playing the Xbox startup sound

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. Normally the procedure that you tried would take you to the console's troubleshooting screen, where you could reset the console to factory defaults, which would solve the problem. Anyway, I suggest you try the same procedure again, try the instructions below.

Solution 1:

1. Turn off Xbox One.

2. Unplug power.

3. Plug the power back to Xbox One 30 seconds later.

4. Press and hold Bind and Eject at the same time (don't release).

5. Press and release the Power button, and then you will hear the startup chime.

6. When you hear the second startup chime, you can release the bind and eject buttons.

7. Select Reset this Xbox on the screen.

8. Select Keep games and apps.

Solution 2:

If the above solution doesn't work, try updating your console offline by following the instructions in the article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

- If none of these solutions solve the problem, I fear that the system may be corrupted, which would require a repair or exchange that could be done by Microsoft, if your console is within the warranty period.

* Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF-Spartan Win User

My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo and playing the Xbox startup sound

Hi rsflory,

Thanks reaching out to the forums. Were sorry to hear about your console issue. So that I may best assist you , can you tell me which console model you are having the black screen issue with?
  4. wahlbang 07 Win User

Smartglass on Windows 8.1 pc will not find/connect to Xbox One

My Xbox One SmartGlass app won't even start on my PC(Windows 8.1). It show the startup screen with the logo on, and paaaw the app shuts down. Any suggestions?
  5. GlovesAreOff Win User

Still haven't received the new system update!

When I turn on the One I get the usual green screen but after that I get a long black screen and the the Xbox logo shows up right in the centre of the black screen. It's almost as if it tries but fails to grab the update. Also, unfortunately, I only have
    the one Xbox One ha.
  6. Goodnight CCSO Win User

Stuck on My Games and Apps screen and can't go to the home screen

I not even sure that it's the preview program at all. My screen now loads up to a blank black screen after the my games and apps logo repeatedly pops up and disappears till it finally disappears completely to a blank black screen. It only shows the logo
    and none of my games and it also showed me sign in.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One shows a black screen after showing the startup Xbox logo and playing the Xbox... - Similar Threads - shows black screen

2. Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen: Screen shows black when i relaunched into settings, my tv shows a black screen. I cannot see anything and everything is blank [img] d55e201d-a106-4dce-a72e-03556d9aa960
  3. While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen: tried hard reset, hdmi port and cable change, network port change, resolution change(essentially all fixes I could have found) and nothing has changes. Today it has happened twice in the span of 5...
  4. How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading??: I had my Xbox one ever since 2019 on Christmas day and now I see that the game I just bought was working at first now it’s not it was resident evil village it would turn to a black screen and stay...
  5. Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this?: I tried setting up remote play on my Ipad Air to stream from my Xbox Series X but all it shows is a black screen even though I'm using the same Wifi as my Xbox. I've updated the Ipad and Xbox app...
  6. Xbox cloud gaming showing black screen on pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox cloud gaming showing black screen on pc.: Hello I am trying to use my Xbox SeriesX with my laptop and was unable to use an hdmi port, so I resorted to using cloud play, I had turned on remote play already on the Xbox, and yet when I try...
  7. Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times, after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times, after...: Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times after both times it works for a while then the problem comes back 7736f0d0-6259-41be-b96e-1ab12bfd36a8
  8. Xbox series x turns on showing the xbox logo, but upon it ending im left with a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns on showing the xbox logo, but upon it ending im left with a black screen: This happened after I attempted to move a game to internal storage, it wasn't moving no matter how many times i clicked and what not so i reset my xbox and now im stuck I know it isn't an hdmi...
  9. F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11: Hi, Johnie here. When I was searching for a plane game on Microsoft store, I found f18 carrier landing lite which has the best weather settings. However, this game doesn't launch at all. It got...
  10. Everytime I play a game on fifa 23 my xbox will freeze and show a black screen and will not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everytime I play a game on fifa 23 my xbox will freeze and show a black screen and will not...: Recently my xbox has been all of a sudden running really slowly on sometimes not run at all when it does manage to load i tried to play fifa 23 and after completing a match and clicking advance to...