My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...

Discus and support My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just turned on my xbox one in the morning and it became like this? I haven't dropped / hit it I just used it 10 hrs ago and it was working fine I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Yoji Milne, May 27, 2023.

1. Yoji Milne
    Yoji Milne Guest

My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...

I just turned on my xbox one in the morning and it became like this?

I haven't dropped / hit it

I just used it 10 hrs ago and it was working fine

I have tried a new cable and a new port but it still appears like this

I have restarted the xbox many times and power cycled it

The TV is fine I have tried it with other devices on the same port

Is my xbox dead?

:)

Yoji Milne, May 27, 2023
  2. Yoji Milne Win User

My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and horizontally any help with this?

My dad took the xbox into his shop to get it fixed he plugged it in after we transported it to glasgow and it started working completely fine and had no problems after that.

The xbox now works thankfully and never found out what caused the problem thanks for replying and i will keep this in mind if this problem persists again
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and horizontally any help with this?

Hi, Yoji. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your issue with your Xbox one console. Try to see if you can still reset your console manually. Press and hold the Bind button and the Eject button, then press the Power Button. Bind is located on the left side of the console for the original Xbox One and below the power button on the Xbox One S. The Eject button is next to the disc drive on the front of the console.

Hold the Bind and Eject buttons for between 10 and 15 seconds, or until you hear the system power-up sound twice in a row. The process has failed if you do not hear the power-up sound or if you hear the power-down sound. If you're able to pull up the Xbox troubleshooter page, select " reset and keep my games & apps".

If it still persists, I am afraid your console needs to be repaired. For more information, please feel free to check:https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  4. JStevens688 Win User

Vertical Lines on Screen

I had a similar problem with my HDMI cable. When I would plug my turtle beach adapter into the back port next to the HDMI port, after awhile it would make these weird lines in the screen and I would have to reset the xbox for it to go away. All I did was
    literally turn the cable around and plug it in the other way and it went away for good. This might not be your problem but I agree, I would try swapping out the cable with a friends first to see if that fixes it. If it does, go buy a new one. I recommend Amazon
    because they are the best on price and quality. I would also try to switch to the standard SD cables if you dont have another HDMI as this would at least replicate not having that HDMI plugged in.

Hope this helps, please let me know if there is anything else I can answer.

Justin
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Vertical Lines on Screen

Could be something in the HDMI path. Might be worth swapping out the cable. If that doesn't help, the dedicated GPU memory is going bad and there's nothing you can do about it.
  6. IISourKrautII Win User

Vertical Lines on Screen

Thanks guys, I found I had another HDMI cable lying around, so used that, and it seems to have worked for the moment!

Will let you know if anything happens again....many thanks !
Thema:

1. My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and... - Similar Threads - screen went stringy

2. I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...: How do I fix this pls help I'm nervous something is going to happen 7f444cdc-e355-4d54-8ecd-b59c94cfa48b
  3. How I fix the 'Stuck on "Something went wrong" screen on xbox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How I fix the 'Stuck on "Something went wrong" screen on xbox store?: I tried everything, power cycling the xbox and the router, unplugging the xbox for few minutes and shutting it down even tried restarting the xbox, but nothing fixes it. What should I do?! [img]...
  4. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767
  5. the screen in the background of the game went blank so i can not see what i am doing..it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    the screen in the background of the game went blank so i can not see what i am doing..it...: WHILE I WAS PLAYING MY GAME THE SCREEN WENT BLANK WHILE I WAS CAPTURING IT..AND IT IS STUCK THAT WAY...HOW DO I GET THE SCREEN BACK TO NORMAL... 41da7111-fda6-4741-9bb0-a6f139b42116
  6. I have went through 2 brand new series s because of this problem I have bad screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have went through 2 brand new series s because of this problem I have bad screen...: Screen stuttering on series s 3e1d1483-2a59-4d3f-a040-6086c72bec36
  7. Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...: I tried hard resetting several times, changing the hdmi ports/cables nothing works. Now my pc no longer connects to anything!!! My pc cost me $2000 HELP??!! 26e19f87-ded9-4284-a233-36f09ddbaf50
  8. Something went wrong screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Something went wrong screen.: My xbox one is constantly showing the something went wrong screen, and giving the same options no matter what. The troubleshoot menu tells me to factory reset, and I have, but it still shows the...
  9. My Xbox screen went brown it’s the tv but I’m not sure if maybe I hit some sort of color...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox screen went brown it’s the tv but I’m not sure if maybe I hit some sort of color...: I was playing a game when my dog walked over my controller and then my whole game went like a light shade of brown and it’s not just the game it’s the whole Xbox I don’t know if maybe it turned on...
  10. So my Xbox one s is stuck on the Something went wrong screen with the options to reset the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So my Xbox one s is stuck on the Something went wrong screen with the options to reset the...: I need help because my Xbox one s is stuck on the something went wrong screen and no matter what I do the Xbox stays on that screw cd8fc20b-e54d-4431-b447-53ea70624a95