My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

Discus and support My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4, and will only connect using ipv6. This is really annoying because I can only get a stable ipv6... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JerBear1992, Sep 15, 2019.

1. JerBear1992
    JerBear1992 Guest

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4, and will only connect using ipv6. This is really annoying because I can only get a stable ipv6 connection when the stars are aligned, and the moon is blue, and it's my lucky day, and when the tide is
    high. Is there a way to force the Xbox One S to connect to Xbox Live using only ipv4?

:)

JerBear1992, Sep 15, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
  3. darkist1 Win User

Hi JerBear,

Sorry you're experiencing this problem.

Are there maybe settings on your router that may need to be changed to allow for IPv4 to work on your network? Your xbox will work with either connection, but if you're saying your IPv6 isnt stable, that may either be a routing problem, or an issue from the
    ISP.

Worst case scenario, its your network interface on your console.
  4. JerBear1992 Win User

what isp do you have?
    xfinity
  5. Jeremy2085 Win User

Try playing around with the settings for internet and connection.
  6. JerBear1992 Win User

ipv4 works just fine on other devices (ie the laptop I'm using right now) It seems like only my Xbox One has a problem with it.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4. - Similar Threads - won't connect Live

2. 360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live: Reset re downloaded game will continue to not connect to Xbox live on Xbox series x have 1gb internet and no issues with connection or Xbox f83858bd-4e88-4096-b549-7ae68716e635
  3. Trying to connect to xbox live and it won't connect to the wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to connect to xbox live and it won't connect to the wifi.: Gives me an error. I just wanted to buy kelfings and charlie murder on the store 4e63d42e-c2c4-4e2e-8992-8e8cbb907745
  4. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  5. When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live: I downloaded a couple of games from Game Pass to play (in this instance Fallout 3 & New Vegas) When I go through the process of booting them up, it gets to the section asking to download my...
  6. Xbox360 modus won't connect to Live while Xbox one can.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 modus won't connect to Live while Xbox one can.: I've read multiple posts about this issue already but I just can't find the right answer. So I'd like to play a backward compatible game on my xbox one S, but my profile can't be downloaded due to...
  7. My Xbox 360 connects to internet but won't connect to Xbox Live. Suddenly happened....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox 360 connects to internet but won't connect to Xbox Live. Suddenly happened....: I started playing BF 4 and I started loosing connection to Xbox Live. Restarted game and rejoined the session and then it did it again after a short while (approx 5 mins) Repeated this 4 times...
  8. Why won't my son's Xbox 360 connect to Xbox Live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my son's Xbox 360 connect to Xbox Live?: Hi Team The console has suddenly decided not to connect to Xbox live. Have done all the usual troubleshoots as suggested on Microsoft website, even did a total reset to factory settings....
  9. Xbox 360 Won't connect to Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Won't connect to Live: I have tried everything to get it to connect and it will just not connect to live. can someone please help? [img] 63f4cdbf-4743-47a9-b3d8-c78fff158728
  10. Xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live: I'm trying to use my old xbox 360 to install the orange box. (i cant use xbox.com cuz it asks me for a credit card even though i have 26 dollars in my account) It will not and refuses to connect....