my xbox one s will not allow me to go into a high resolution and is stuck on 640x480

Discus and support my xbox one s will not allow me to go into a high resolution and is stuck on 640x480 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve tried all of the youtube video hacks and such and i can’t seem to get absolutely anything to work. my tv is brand spanking new and idk what to do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kkiari420, Jan 4, 2023.

1. kkiari420
    kkiari420 Guest

my xbox one s will not allow me to go into a high resolution and is stuck on 640x480

I’ve tried all of the youtube video hacks and such and i can’t seem to get absolutely anything to work. my tv is brand spanking new and idk what to do

:)

kkiari420, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Xbox One S is stuck in 640x480 resolution mode. Date 9/21/19

3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just to isolate the issue further, do you have a different TV or a different HDMI cable that we can try to use?

Also, make sure that your HDMI is on auto detect:

" Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > Advanced > Video fidelity & overscan > Display > ensure that Auto-detect (Recommended) is selected.
  4. jambo2929 Win User

Xbox One S is stuck in 640x480 resolution mode. Date 9/21/19

Hi Boom,

Thanks for the link but nothing from the thread or these others have helped.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-s-stuck-on-640x480-480p-resolution-in/623d6774-1d31-48f5-94f8-dd02479ee536

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-video-defaults-to-640x480/c4e012b4-b51f-4496-bf2f-7f8e31879adb

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-640x480-only-option-on-resolution-under/139a2a83-4f7a-4cc6-a730-c12e6f3e1ab3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-640x480-only-option-on-resolution-under/139a2a83-4f7a-4cc6-a730-c12e6f3e1ab3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/stuck-in-640x480-fixed/1b0c6ac9-c274-4078-95d2-7ce6e0b5dea4

There are a few others I tried from non-microsoft forums but they just repeat the same troubleshooting suggestions from above.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Resolution stuck on 640x480

Hi there Zach welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Unfortunately, this is one of the symptoms of HDD issues with the consoles, try the reset but like this:

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass.

5.-Press the Bind and Eject buttons, and hold those buttons to keep them pressed.

6.-Then, with the Bind and Eject buttons held, press the Xbox button.

7.-Let go the Bind and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

8.-Thereafter, the Xbox One should start up at the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

9.-Select Reset and keep my games and apps.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Xbox stuck in 640x480 resolution.

Thema:

1. my xbox one s will not allow me to go into a high resolution and is stuck on 640x480 - Similar Threads - allow high resolution

2. My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming: Hi. Yesterday my internet was boosted from 1GB to 2.2GB. and now my Xbox will not allow me to play online. The message on screen says waiting for relay. I would add that ten minutes before city...
  3. Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing: Why is nascar heat 5 not loading online 09b8d753-4c0e-4062-819a-24693cf0e9df
  4. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  5. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  6. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  7. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  8. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  9. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  10. Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...