My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.

Discus and support My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It worked fine for about 3 months, but I like over-playing on it for about 9 hours a day, so possibly it over-heated 1 too many times? Anyways, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by 130 Crafter, Jan 12, 2020.

  1. 130 Crafter
    130 Crafter Guest

    My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.


    It worked fine for about 3 months, but I like over-playing on it for about 9 hours a day, so possibly it over-heated 1 too many times?

    Anyways, the xbox seems to work like it's brand new, and it just keeps making this squeaking noise.

    It sounds like you bought 5 mice and shoved them into your xbox.

    Sadly can't find nor record the sound, on youtube or my PC, and I do NOT have a phone on me right now, so I can't upload what the sound is like.

    I am only able to still play without going brain-dead because I have a headset that blocks out the noise a LOT.

    But recently is started getting loud enough to go through the headset noise-cancellation.

    I never "dust" my xbox or touch it or anything like that, so that COULD be a problem.

    WHEN I TURN IT OFF,
    THE SOUND GOES AWAY.


    :)
     
    130 Crafter, Jan 12, 2020
    #1
  2. Niko1664 Win User

    My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.

    Hi 130 Crafter, except a technical problem with a fan or the HDD, try to clean it correctly sometimes. You can also
    follow this link to know how exactly position and ventilate your Xbox One console. Keep us in touch !
  3. lllWormWoodlll Win User

    My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.

    A while back my Xbox was doing the same thing, it turned out to be my hard drive which ended up needing replacement.. may want to have it looked at just in case
  4. 130 Crafter Win User

    My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.

    Thank you, will do that when my mom is awake.
  5. TurboTim1995 Win User

    My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.

    Hey there!

    Thank you for reaching out to the Xbox Forums

    As you mentioned in your post, could you try to remove the dust from your Xbox, that could indeed be the problem. The best thing to do is to purchase compressed air and make short sprays into the grates.
  6. OakGill Win User

    My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.

    Hello, I read your post, and I believe I understand your situation. The Xbox Ambassadors are here to help.

    I noticed at the end of your post you mention the fact that you have never cleaned it. May I ask are you playing with an all digital or a disc version? By the way it does need to be cleaned regularly, I use a can of air duster to spray it out gently crossways
    over the vents.

    I hope this helps.
Thema:

My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise.

Loading...
  1. My Xbox One S is making this UNBEARABLE squeaking noise. - Similar Threads - making UNBEARABLE squeaking

  2. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  3. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  4. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...
  5. HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black

    in XboX Insiders
    HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black: Since last update my screen goes black then back to normal while playing with HdR along with the sound turning off and on . I been in the alpha skip program since the beginning and this is the...
  6. Make back compat easier to find in the store please.

    in XboX Insiders
    Make back compat easier to find in the store please.: For as great of a program as it is you sure make it not easy to browse for back compat titles. In the store (at least on One X, not sure if they all look the same) you have Games on the sidebar....
  7. The weird inconsistencies across Xbox platforms (and the missing features that make it worse)

    in XboX Insiders
    The weird inconsistencies across Xbox platforms (and the missing features that make it worse): This isn’t meant to be an Xbox hate post — I love the ecosystem — but after bouncing between console, PC, mobile, and the web, the inconsistencies really start to pile up. None of them are huge on...
  8. Xbox 1 issue- Can’t make new account

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 1 issue- Can’t make new account: Trying to make a new account on Xbox 1. I do the QR code and put the code in. It says it’s all done on Xbox but then just does a loading screen and then sends me back to the original place....
  9. Make Game Pass Ultimate A Yearly Subscription If You Want Us To Buy From You!? Easy!

    in XboX Insiders
    Make Game Pass Ultimate A Yearly Subscription If You Want Us To Buy From You!? Easy!: I know they have to keep sending money for us to have free games on Game Pass ultimate. But at the same time $30 a month is too much. If they would have made game pass a yearly subscription I...
  10. Make it possible to use special characters in Xbox Gamertags

    in XboX Insiders
    Make it possible to use special characters in Xbox Gamertags: Xbox Gamertags are a big part of our identity as players. Right now, the system only allows letters, numbers, and a few basic symbols. It would be great if players could customize their Gamertags...