my xbox one S has a message that says can not connect due to safety protocol, what is my...

Discus and support my xbox one S has a message that says can not connect due to safety protocol, what is my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The electricity went out and now the console will not connect. I have hardwired it , I have reset wifi, I have factory reset it, I even lowered my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michelle Gonzales1, May 16, 2024.

1. my xbox one S has a message that says can not connect due to safety protocol, what is my...

The electricity went out and now the console will not connect. I have hardwired it , I have reset wifi, I have factory reset it, I even lowered my safety band and it allows me to set everything up and when I go to click a tile it goes to a message that says "Can Not connect due to safety protocol" . What is my next step? How do I send it into Microsoft?

:)

Michelle Gonzales1, May 16, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

my xbox one S has a message that says can not connect due to safety protocol, what is my next move?

Hi there Michelle G. I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with the safety protocol on your device, here are some ideas to try before you send in your console:

Check Network Security Settings:

Ensure your router’s firewall settings aren’t too restrictive.
    Make sure the MAC address filtering is turned off or that your console's MAC address is added to the allowed list.
    Disable any parental controls or security settings that might be blocking the connection.
    Reset Network Settings on Console:

Go to your console's settings and find the network settings.
    Choose the option to forget the network and then reconnect.

Power Cycle Your Network Equipment:

Turn off your modem, router, and console.
    Wait for about 5 minutes, then turn on your modem, followed by your router, and finally your console.

Check for System Updates:

Make sure your console’s firmware is up to date. Sometimes, an update can resolve connectivity issues.
    Reconfigure Safety Protocol Settings:

Check if there are specific settings related to safety protocols on your console. Adjust them if possible.

If none of this works you can try to send your Console to Microsoft for Repair:

Log in to your Microsoft account and check the warranty status of your console.

Contact Microsoft Support:

Go to the Microsoft Device Support page.
    Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    Select your device from the list.
    Choose the option for device service and repair.
    Follow the prompts to start a service order. You will be given instructions on how to send your console to Microsoft.
    Prepare Your Console for Shipping:

Remove any accessories, games, or other items from the console.
    Pack the console securely using appropriate packaging materials.

Shipping:

Use the shipping label provided by Microsoft if available.
    Drop off the package at the designated shipping service.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. Grey1944 Win User

“your security protocol won’t work.”

Hi Derek, does this apply for Xbox One also? I have the same issue? Can't connect to internet due to security protocol? What can I do to fix it? Please help me
  4. The Rayster Win User

Xbox repeatedly requesting IP Address

That's what I was thinking, as was getting the same protocols/messages for wife's pc and it's not showing on the router log s requesting IP address, just the Xbox. Weird. Have submitted feedback, see what they say :)
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can't connect some multiplayer games even though I have internet connection

You can say something like this to them:

"I need to open some ports in my router, these are the ports:

*Then you can read the numbers and the protocol (UDP, TCP)*"

They know what is UDP and TCP (Both are protocols)

So, just say to them the port number and next the required protocol (or protocols for each one)
  6. indcA saj Win User

Xbox Not connecting to Live.

okay so i just got back from vegas and i had got a new xbox one s digtal when i got to cali i tried to set up my xbox and there was a wifi problem i cant see a list of networks it just says add wireless network i did that and i typed my ssid and it says
    your security protocol wont work so then i reset my xbox and when it says updating but then it says you need wifi for this and i try to connect to the wifi but it still says your security protocol wont work
Thema:

my xbox one S has a message that says can not connect due to safety protocol, what is my...

1. my xbox one S has a message that says can not connect due to safety protocol, what is my... - Similar Threads - has message says

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  6. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  7. Someone has messaged me after beating him at fifa saying he hopes my kid gets cancer so i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone has messaged me after beating him at fifa saying he hopes my kid gets cancer so i...: Ive been mesaaged saying i hope your kid gets cancer and im the one whos been banned how do i sort this out absolute joke 7ccfeab3-e53d-403c-b4dd-542faf9e71e8
  8. How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get back/view past messages that xbox has for some reason decided to get rid off: All my messages have sent before 2020 have disappeared (always seems to be 3 years prior). Is there any way for me to get these messages back? Seeing as Xbox was the one who got rid of them not...
  9. Getting a message claiming I refunded Sea of Thieves and it has been removed from my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting a message claiming I refunded Sea of Thieves and it has been removed from my...: Getting a message claiming I refunded Sea of Thieves and it has been removed from my account. I have had the game and played it consistently for 4-5 years. I did not refund the game or even...
  10. When I try to connect my Xbox account to my epic games account it has a error message.

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to connect my Xbox account to my epic games account it has a error message.: Hello, when I wasn’t trying to link my Xbox account to my epic games account it had a error message that said it had something to do with the external login system. I have tried to connect my Xbox...