My Xbox One S fan is sounding unusual, how do I fix it?

Discus and support My Xbox One S fan is sounding unusual, how do I fix it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What I assume is the fan for my Xbox One S sounds very unusual, almost like it’s clicking. For reference, it sounds like a geiger counter but clicking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jorgen Rankin, Nov 26, 2022.

1. My Xbox One S fan is sounding unusual, how do I fix it?

What I assume is the fan for my Xbox One S sounds very unusual, almost like it’s clicking. For reference, it sounds like a geiger counter but clicking much faster. Any help would be appreciated on trying to fix it.

:)

Jorgen Rankin, Nov 26, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

3. SorryTadpole0 Win User

Is this xbox one s noise normal?

Hi

I when watching the video you have linked to I can't hear anything more than the fan and it does not sound unusual to me. Can you please try to describe what you are unsure about with your console sound?
    I've been watching youtube videos of Xbox one s fan noise, and I want to make sure if It is alright. and what do you mean it does not sound unusual? is that a good thing?

and people say how quiet it is supposed to be but how quiet?
  4. Hordie Win User

Xbox One S coil whine

Hi ArtoisArab,

If your Xbox One S is making more noise than an Xbox One, or is unusually loud I would suggest exchanging where you purchased it as it sounds like there is something not right with the hardware be it plastic or fan related.
  5. Francia J. Win User

When turning on series s i hear a weird noise and then it stops.

I appreciate the video and I was able to watch and hear it as well, it does sound like a fan preparing to spin but it's just unusual as I have two Xbox consoles but they never did that.
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Factory reset of Xbox One via USB

How are you reset Xbox one s and stop the clicking sound
    Might start a new post and post more details. Sounds like your hhd is failing or have somthing in the fan
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S fan is sounding unusual, how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - fan sounding unusual

2. Hi when playing games like Fortnite and war zone on the Xbox series a my fan sound quite...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi when playing games like Fortnite and war zone on the Xbox series a my fan sound quite...: Hi when playing games like Fortnite and war zone on the Xbox series a my fan sound quite loud not a ticking noise just sound like a loud fan is that fine 61d94ba7-bd2b-47ec-9050-f8f6456a7049
  3. Weird sound from xbox series x fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird sound from xbox series x fan: My new Xbox series X make a weird noise at startup, then it operates quietly ( weird sound at starting only) is it normal? 6333b8c7-10b4-4185-accc-cfac2642f544
  4. Xbox Series X fan stopped working after strange sound and shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan stopped working after strange sound and shutting off.: So I was playing Warframe and after completing a mission, my Xbox began making a strange sound and randomly shut off, now the fan doesn't work, is the fan broken or need to cool down?...
  5. Xbox series X weird clicking fan sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X weird clicking fan sound: I have a problem with my xbox series x fan. Its making weird clicking sound. When playing game, you cant really hear it. I play somewhere between 2-3 meters from console and tv. Yesterday when I...
  6. Sound Fan when I install Assassins o call of duty on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound Fan when I install Assassins o call of duty on Series X: One question, my xbox series X its excelent but when my xbox its stand up, when I install call of duty cold war, or assassins creed vallhalla, sound inside like a fan, but when i move a little bit...
  7. Xbox on and off sound and disk sound WAY TOO LOUD and my fan is running a little loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox on and off sound and disk sound WAY TOO LOUD and my fan is running a little loud: My girlfriend spilled water on my Xbox and now it’s too loud when i turn it on and off or when i press the disk button. Any button i press is SUPER loud on my console but on my screen everything...
  8. Xbox One S Fan Chirping Sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Fan Chirping Sound: So I’ve had my Xbox One S for about a year now (I bought it used) and today after a long gaming session I noticed that my fan had started making this awful squeak sound every half of a second it...
  9. Xbox One S Weird Fan Sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Weird Fan Sound: Hello, I have an issue with my Xbox One S console. Recently when I would start the console the console has developed an issue I believe regarding the fan. For some reason now it makes a really...
  10. Xbox One S ticking sound from fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S ticking sound from fan: I posted here earlier about an issue with my OG Xbox One. But, this is about a seperate issue to do with my One S. Because of the ahem, "fault", with my Xbox One, I bought an S. I've had 2 and...