My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots

Discus and support My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I press to record what happened, or try to start a recording nothing happens. The guide just closes doesn’t record a clip or even say that it did.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jpsai, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Jpsai
    Jpsai Guest

When I press to record what happened, or try to start a recording nothing happens. The guide just closes doesn’t record a clip or even say that it did. It doesn't even show in my internal storage, but screenshots are working fine. I tried power cycling, permission is enabled, and I deleted my other captures. Happens with every game, (even the ones I already recorded clips) so it's not a problem with a particular game. Nothing happens, I try to record a clip, but the guide just shuts. It's a little frustrating. I am currently playing through streaming the game to my Windows notebook, since my tv is not working. But I am playing like this for a few days now, but this problem happened like, two days ago. What I do?????

I’ve read other threads and have not found a solution or anyone having my exact problem, so I'm lost.

:)

Jpsai, Apr 2, 2024
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

How to auto Upload Screenshots and DVR clips from insider build to OneDrive automatically

4. XBF Nestor S Win User

Game pass punch card November.

5. NovaStarLord Win User

Screen Shots

I have a similar problem too, I can take screenshots, I can record clips, but my problem is that I cannot save my captures from before I got Xbox Gold. Clips I can save if I edit them in Upload Studios and record clips now but I cannot save the old ones
    through Game DVR. Screenshots I can only save if I took them after getting XBox Gold not the ones I took before. Is this a bug?
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Recording for youtube

Hi there TheIronTango14,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand you are trying to record a YouTube video. You will not be able to record a YouTube Video using the Xbox Console. Check out this article for more information on the

Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots

Try this out and let us know if it helps.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots - Similar Threads - can't capture clips

2. Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network: Help, I'm afraid I will lose my xbox captures since I can't upload them. I used the Microsoft 365 free trial thinking I didn't have enough space just to be met with the same error message "Failed...
  3. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  4. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  5. Can't view xbox series x captures on pc xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't view xbox series x captures on pc xbox app: I want my console companion back, this new freaking app will not view captures from the xbox at all, on my pc the companion app had no issues doing this. Bring back my ability to download my clips...
  6. Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...: A couple question: 1: Can't set as desktop background when your offline. 2: Captures only available to set as desktop background, when you capture something onto internal harddrive only and must...
  7. Can't capture more than 30 seconds on USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't capture more than 30 seconds on USB: Hi! I've been able to record up to 1 hour (as 4K resolution) on my USB stick without any issues but today when I've tried to record a footage of my gameplay, it says that the only available...
  8. Can't get captures from friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't get captures from friend: I don't have this problem with anyone else, but one particular friend can't send me screenshots or vids. I get the messages, but it says "we can't find the item you're looking for". It wasn't...
  9. So I've been having this problem where I can't delete my captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I've been having this problem where I can't delete my captures: I read the replies to Levi and followed everything but none of it worked b4d1fe49-96fc-4e1b-a45f-b7f4ab2f6bca
  10. I can't delete my captures and they keep on coming back

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't delete my captures and they keep on coming back: I wanna make room for new captures but when I delete them they come back, it also won't let me download new captures, I've tried everything i can find on the internet about this n still no luck ,...