My xbox one randomly restarts itself for no reason?!?

Discus and support My xbox one randomly restarts itself for no reason?!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one original version( got it back with the fallout 4 preorder) has started to randomly go and restart itself for no known reason and is really... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xIPWNxASSx2016x, Oct 11, 2018.

1. My xbox one randomly restarts itself for no reason?!?

My xbox one original version( got it back with the fallout 4 preorder) has started to randomly go and restart itself for no known reason and is really only doing it when i go and switch games/apps i have the lastest console update and everything any ideas
    or help would be nice thanks

:)

xIPWNxASSx2016x, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Team Diuuu13
    Team Diuuu13 Guest
    Console keeps restarting?

My console has randomly begun to restart itself after I purchased a new HDTV. I have used the XBox on a previous HDTV without any problems. But now, when im away from my xbox for like 2 minutes, it randomly reboots. I have the old white XBox.

Team Diuuu13, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Someone Y63
    Someone Y63 Guest
    xbox one turns self on and cuts self off randomly

I've had my xbox one for a while. I have been having an issue with my system randomly cutting itself on and randomly cutting itself off. As for it cutting itself off .... sometimes its just after 5 seconds from turning it on to 30 or so minutes or even 2
    - 3 hours.

Someone Y63, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

This is an ongoing problem for the Xbox at the moment.

I'm having the issues of my Xbox turning on by itself currently.

Right now I haven't seen any solutions to this issues. Factory resets or power cycles also do nothing.

5. Hello, Xbox Fan!

I think the best thing for you should try is going through the troubleshooting steps on our site.

We have a page entitled
    Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off
    that should help out with this issue.

Give those steps a shot and let us know if it helped resolve their issue.

Thanks

XBF Esteban R, Oct 12, 2018
  6. scrylite
    scrylite Guest
    Have you gone to settings power options and changed the default "Always On" to "Energy Saving"? It's strongly advised that everyone use Energy saver because "Instant On" mode causes issues with Upnp leases on many routers and in reference to your issue
    it may be that something is triggering system suspend (hibernation) through cortana perhaps? Do you have it in a well ventilated location? How about the power brick? It is isn't shoved behind a dresser or under a couch right? When the system goes off is it
    a full power off or reboot? When it shuts off are the fans blowing louder than usual?

scrylite, Oct 12, 2018
  7. If the steps outlined by the forum mod doesn't work I would go the route of contacting the hardware support team via chat or phone.

ZombieJesterCOE, Oct 12, 2018
  8. My xbox one randomly restarts itself for no reason?!?

Nope its not overheating and its not a power brick issue

xIPWNxASSx2016x, Oct 12, 2018
  9. My Xbox one is shutting down randomly and going from YouTube to a game, I've reset it keeping account as suggested still happening.

You'd think fault logs would be generated if it's software and an update applied.

John James Cummings, Oct 12, 2018
  10. pa1blo
    pa1blo Guest
    do you check the connections???

pa1blo, Oct 13, 2018
  11. braveheatz
    braveheatz Guest
    Have you did a hard reset on your console?

braveheatz, Nov 3, 2018
  12. braveheatz Win User

Have you did a hard reset on your console?
  13. John James Cummings Win User

My Xbox one is shutting down randomly and going from YouTube to a game, I've reset it keeping account as suggested still happening.

You'd think fault logs would be generated if it's software and an update applied.
  14. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

If the steps outlined by the forum mod doesn't work I would go the route of contacting the hardware support team via chat or phone.
  15. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hello, Xbox Fan!

I think the best thing for you should try is going through the troubleshooting steps on our site.

We have a page entitled
    Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off
    that should help out with this issue.

Give those steps a shot and let us know if it helped resolve their issue.

Thanks
  16. pa1blo Win User

do you check the connections???
Thema:

1. My xbox one randomly restarts itself for no reason?!? - Similar Threads - randomly restarts itself

2. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  3. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  4. Xbox restarting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox restarting randomly: Hello Microsoft. My xbox series x is brand new and sometimes restarts in the middle of a game when I don't want it to. Please tell me how to fix this issue. 44d48827-f916-42e6-b07d-da72251a0d96
  5. Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection: Hello everyone, I have a xbox one x attached to an LG LCD TV (47ln5406). Ever since the last update some time in October I experience several issues. 1) Snowy screen issues almost every time I...
  6. new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.: i have had the new xbox one s console for 1 day and now it wont start. keeps shutting off during start. tried the power reset and it didnt work. any other things to fix it?...
  7. Random restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random restart: My Xbox one s will randomly shut down and its not even warm, why? b756214b-eabe-4259-bfd8-ae5c0007b6e5
  8. "Having Trouble Connecting?" Pin on home screen and Random Restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Having Trouble Connecting?" Pin on home screen and Random Restart: After power cycling my console the "Having Trouble Connecting?" Pin appeared again. I am currently on the preview dashboard update OS version: 6.2.11653.0 (xb_rel_1410.141009-1648) fre. I didn't...
  9. Xbox one sign on and random restart.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one sign on and random restart.: I guess everyone else is having the same problem I have. I will be in the middle of a game and my Xbox One just shuts down and loses everything from that game. No it’s you can’t sign in that...
  10. Random Restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Restart: no more than 10 minutes ago, my xbox one restarted itself while I was in the middle of a game. It wasn't so much as a total restart, as in it kicked me back to the home screen with no apps or...