My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...

Discus and support My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For a while now my Xbox One will randomly turn on all by itself. Energy saving mode is on and I have Instant on mode turned off. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by K7own, Oct 14, 2017.

1. K7own
    K7own Guest

For a while now my Xbox One will randomly turn on all by itself. Energy saving mode is on and I have Instant on mode turned off. Is there any way to fix this problem as it is ruining my plasma tv with burn in.

:)

K7own, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Turns on by its self

my Xbox one keeps turning on by itself. Why? Help

Bobmuspinkleton, Oct 14, 2017
  3. arierich
    arierich Guest
    XBOX one turns on by itself

my xbox one system keeps turning on by itself. i have unplugged the system and plug it back in, and still the same issue keeps happening. please help.

arierich, Oct 14, 2017
  4. Internet Expert Win User

My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself.

A common reason why the console would turn itself on is due to it possibly being plugged into a surge protector or power strip.

The Xbox One has its own surge protection built into its power supply, and plugging it into another one might cause minor electrical issues such as turning itself on.

Ensure the Xbox is plugged directly into the wall outlet.
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

My xbox keeps turning on by itself

Hey Reif!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. When was the last time you cleaned off your console? Spray a soft, clean cloth with a household cleaner, unplug the console, then wipe down the front to be sure there's no fingerprints hanging out over the button. If that
    doesn't do the trick, check and see if you're in instant-on or energy-saver mode. If you're in instant-on, you'll want to

switch to energy-saver mode

Give those a shot and let us know how it goes. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're
    a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

My Xbox keeps turning on by itself

Hey there, Ace!

I'm sorry to see any power issues on the console! We've seen a few reports of this. If your console is set to

Instant on
    , you will want to set it to Energy-saving mode. If you have your settings as installing game updates and console updates happening automatically, then this could be why your console is turning on.

If you already have Energy-saving mode, and those options aren't checked at all, the power button might be dirty. If you have an original Xbox One, then simply cleaning off the touch capacitor with a damp cloth should help out. If you have an Xbox One S,
    then you will want to use a cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol to wipe along the edges of the physical button. And if that doesn't help you out, do a

factory reset

Let me know how it goes! I'm happy to address any other concerns you may have. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  7. dobber2456 Win User

Xbox one keeps turning on by itself

me too. Don't play it for months at a time then boom ten minutes ago 1145am just popped on randomly while watching Hulu on PlayStation. Been happening for years. I just gave up and let it run now till it auto offs lol.
  8. ToxicPeanut1998 Win User

Xbox one keeps turning on by itself

Yeah mine keeps doing this too. I've looked on other threads and the devs just tell everyone to make a new thread, for individual support.
Thema:

1. My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself... - Similar Threads - keeps turning itself

2. Why does my series x keep turning itself off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my series x keep turning itself off.: Regardless if I'm playing a game or just sitting on the home screen my console will disconnect my controller and headset then continue onto a buzzing noise then full system shutdown. And yes the...
  3. My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I got a hold of customer service they had me try...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I got a hold of customer service they had me try...: My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I have talked to 3 customer support people. 2 walked me around to troubleshoot and said they would call back and never did. The 3rd one today hung up on...
  4. My Xbox x keeps randomly turning itself on.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox x keeps randomly turning itself on.: After I’ve powered it off it seems to do a mini update, controller vibrates for a second or two. I’m trying to save energy and my Xbox isn’t, powers on the TV as well..Any solutions to this?...
  5. XBOX Game Bar mic keeps turning itself off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Bar mic keeps turning itself off: I like to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay a lot, and when i do this i want to have both my and my friends voices (whether discord skype etc, essentially all system sounds) recorded as well....
  6. My Xbox Series S keeps turning itself off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps turning itself off: I have it out in the open so it’s not a ventilation problem. I’ve turned the power settings to energy saving, I’ve restarted it, nothing seems to work. I got the console earlier this year, this is...
  7. Xbox one keeps turning off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps turning off by itself: About 3 days ago i turned on my xbox and after about 1 minute it turned off. I thought it was because of the power and my plugs were jammed by my plugs... Now it turns off after like 3 seconds...
  8. Xbox One X keeps turning itself off almost instantly?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X keeps turning itself off almost instantly?: I hope this is allowed - delete it it’s not. My buddy bought an Xbox One X and it only worked for like a day or so. He said he turned it on while the dust cover was on it and then immediately...
  9. Series S keeps turning itself on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S keeps turning itself on: I have had my Series S for about 3 months now and never had a problem with it. I use Dev mode on it frequently. My problem started 2 days ago when I started it up and the console said it need...
  10. Xbox Series S keeps turning itself on since update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps turning itself on since update?: Hi all, I have had my Series S for about 3 months now and never had a problem with it. I use Dev mode on it frequently. My problem started 2 days ago when I started it up and the console said it...