My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

Discus and support My xbox one is showing as permanently muted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one is showing the mute sign in the top right hand corner, I've done all updates, reset my xbox and tried all troubleshooting things but still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArchieHutchinson, Jul 12, 2019.

  1. My xbox one is showing as permanently muted


    my xbox one is showing the mute sign in the top right hand corner, I've done all updates, reset my xbox and tried all troubleshooting things but still nothing, I can't get a callback from customer services as it keeps telling me there is a fault.....please
    help

    :)
     
    ArchieHutchinson, Jul 12, 2019
    #1
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

    My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

    Hey Archie

    Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Froums.

    If you are having trouble with your headset, I recommend that

    you take a look at
    this
    article and see if any of these troubleshooting techniques work for you.

    Alternatively, depending on what type of headset you are using, you may have to manage your audio settings by selecting Audio on the guide.

    You can follow these steps to find this:

    1. Press the Xbox button on your controller.
    2. Scroll over to the right till you see the gear or cog icon, it will read
      System
      .
    • If you have a compatible earphone piece or headset, you will display Audio
      in between Settings & Xbox Assist.

    You will see three options here:

    • Headset mic will allow you to manage how loud the audio output will be
    • Headset chat mixer will allow you to balance the game and party chat
    • Mic monitoring will allow you to adjust how sensitive the mic will be towards you voice.

    Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  3. ArchieHutchinson Win User

    My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

    its not giving me those options in the settings menu

    Archie
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

    My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

    Hi there Archie,

    Thanks for the update on the issue. If you are not receiving the audio menu under the system tab, the console is not detecting the headset.

    I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:




    If the problem persists:

    • Try your Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain.

    Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. silent sniper5 Win User

    Controller/Headset unresponsive after plugging/unplugging charger

    if I try to talk to my friends they cant hear me as if my mic is permanently muted when I try to mute or unmute no light shows sometimes my friends can hear me but then it goes again. I looked up this problem to fix it but apparently that if the mic is muted
    when the xbox turns off then it brakes. if anyone has a tip to stop this contact me on xbox one .
  6. KarenCronin1 Win User

    XBOX Permanently on mute

    I am going to try this now - thanks!
Thema:

My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

Loading...
  1. My xbox one is showing as permanently muted - Similar Threads - showing permanently muted

  2. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  3. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  4. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  5. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  6. How to see what badges are and change which show?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to see what badges are and change which show?: I am in the beta ring. It seems I should be able to at a minimum be able to see what the badges were for and also should be able to select which 5 are showing? I tried to find it on console, and...
  7. Claim digital license not showing up on sons Xbox.

    in XboX Insiders
    Claim digital license not showing up on sons Xbox.: We are both on Xbox insider Omega. We are both using the series x. It gives me the option but not on his. Any ideas? submitted by /u/White_Falcon_1263 [link] [comments]
  8. Disc to digital update isn't showing up. Any fixes?

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital update isn't showing up. Any fixes?: The title says it all. I downloaded the Insider Program and joined, but still no update preview is popping up. Not sure if I did something wrong. submitted by /u/chaliced10 [link] [comments]
  9. When you boot-up remote play it shows the old boot-up animation

    in XboX Insiders
    When you boot-up remote play it shows the old boot-up animation: I know this is a minor visual detail, but whenever I launch Xbox Remote Play (via browser), it still displays the original Series X|S boot-up screen. Shouldn't this be updated to the new green...
  10. The Crew 2 Not Showing on Ubisoft Connect

    in XboX Insiders
    The Crew 2 Not Showing on Ubisoft Connect: As the recent news about some Ubisoft titles being free if you own them on Xbox digitally, I have received Farcry 6, Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla on my Ubisoft Connect PC...