My Xbox One has muted itself so I can hear others but can't talk with them

Discus and support My Xbox One has muted itself so I can hear others but can't talk with them in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to fix this setting? My son is not able to talk with his friends when he is playing but can hear them. A setting on his xbox or in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AugustoArrarte, Apr 20, 2020.

  1. My Xbox One has muted itself so I can hear others but can't talk with them


    Does anyone know how to fix this setting? My son is not able to talk with his friends when he is playing but can hear them. A setting on his xbox or in his account seems to be muted and we have tried everything. Please help

    :)
     
    AugustoArrarte, Apr 20, 2020
    #1
  2. Antheiia Win User

    My Xbox One has muted itself so I can hear others but can't talk with them

    I have had this happen to me & my friends. Did he try leaving the party and starting a new one? Also, possibly restarting his Xbox? The time that it has happened to me, it fixed itself in a few minutes. Unless he changed a setting, more than likely it
    is not a problem on his end.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

    My Xbox One has muted itself so I can hear others but can't talk with them

    Have you tried the steps in this support, Update xbox wireless controller?

    If you use multiple controllers, they all need to be updated.

    I prefer the USB method.
  4. DavidGunther2 Win User

    Chat Keeps Muting My Friends

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not a headset issue. I replaced my M80 mixamp (Astro) with a brand new one and nothing changed. The headset itself can't mute others, only the console has the ability to do that, and there's no way to tell the headset to tell
    the console to mute the party. It has to be an issue with the xbox itself.
  5. LB THE TRUTH Win User

    Xbox One Headset Adapter

    I can hear audio. It's just chat I can't hear. So if I'm in a lobby it's like I have everyone muted. As soon as I pull the chord from the adapter I hear others talking. They can hear me through Kinect
  6. ngaiching Win User

    Mute Glitch

    I think you missed this part:

    In EVERY GAME and in party of the dashboard I also have a mute icon next to my gamer tag. I CAN HEAR AND TALK TO OTHERS in "Party Talk" or in "Game Talk" and they can hear and talk to me too.

    I got three controller at home and I've tried them all!
Thema:

My Xbox One has muted itself so I can hear others but can't talk with them

Loading...
  1. My Xbox One has muted itself so I can hear others but can't talk with them - Similar Threads - has muted itself

  2. I’m so sorry if this has been discussed.

    in XboX Insiders
    I’m so sorry if this has been discussed.: If I’m in the delta tier is there a date when I’ll be able to get mythic achievements? submitted by /u/NoFoundation2756 [link] [comments]
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  5. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  6. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  7. How come the Xbox 360 game art has this black bar under it in the new poster style UI for...

    in XboX Insiders
    How come the Xbox 360 game art has this black bar under it in the new poster style UI for...: When looking at the installed games, all Xbox 360 titles have a black bar underneath them while the Xbox One/Series editions of games don't? submitted by /u/EchoJPR [link] [comments]
  8. Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas: My headset is new but wont work to chat or listen when playing on xbox only works on switch, mute icon has beenon for awhile. I tried various things but still nothing, any ideas to what is wrong?...
  9. My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...: was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top right or bottom left depending on screen layout - why?! we have restarted by doing the 10 second thing - we have checked settings - but he...
  10. Bought a used gamer tag and system and finds out it has a 14 day mute

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a used gamer tag and system and finds out it has a 14 day mute: I just bought bought a used gamer tag and system today and found out the out was muted for 14 days is there anyway around this problem I just wanna play my game with my in real life friends please...