my xbox one controller will not connect. my computer doesnt recognize it is connected...

Discus and support my xbox one controller will not connect. my computer doesnt recognize it is connected... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; how can i connect my xbox one controller to my laptop? 24f9e331-0786-452e-83ab-02e98b751b87 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J S_032, May 1, 2023.

1. J S_032
    J S_032 Guest

my xbox one controller will not connect. my computer doesnt recognize it is connected...

how can i connect my xbox one controller to my laptop?

:)

J S_032, May 1, 2023
  2. KnutBjerke Win User

Elite series 2 not working on PC after update.

Did you find a solution to this problem? I updated my Elite series 2 yesterday, and now I have the exact same problem. Elite series 2 is recognized as a regular xbox controller and does connect via bluetooth, but doesnt work. Connected via USB-c the XBOX accessories app doesnt even recognize it...

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didnt help.
  3. GoonGone Win User

Xbox one wired Controller not working PC

Exactly the same!

All drivers updated, windows system updated, xbox app updated, my computer manages to recognize there is a "controller" connected but not the xbox accessories app....

While I had just bought a xbox one controller for the new gow 4 on saturday...
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

my xbox one controller will not connect. my computer doesnt recognize it is connected through usb and bluetooth does not show it..?

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates. Bluetooth requires a Windows device running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later.

If your Windows device can't detect your controller after waking up from sleep, press the Xbox button on your controller to turn it back on, or unplug it from your device then plug it back in. For more information, kindly refer to this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. mtdew0332 Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLER SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING ON WINDOWS 10 PC

Same here, mine just suddenly stopped working on my PC connected using a micro usb cable.

I tried six different USB cables i have in my house and it doesnt help.

This all started with the Win10 update on Sept. 29th 2016.

Controller connects when plugged into USB port, but sometimes it say device not recognized and is flagged in device manager, sometimes it appears to connect and even lists it correctly as Microsoft Xbox One Controller in Device Manager with no flags and
    the X button lights up and all looks good, but the Xbox Accessories App doesnt recognize it (Connect A Controller to Get started error)....and of course the controller doesnt actually work even though device manager says its working properly.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out, ive uninstalled and re-installed the drivers through device manager and/or the xb1usb.11059.0.140526x64.msi driver so many times and nothing works.....the controller just randomly ends up in code 10 or code 43
    error in device manager or looks perfect in device manager, yet no longer works.

I wish I could at least get the Xbox Accessories App to recognize it so i can check the firmware.

And unfortunately for me, i dont have an xbox one, so i cannot do it with a console.

notes:

My xbox 360 controllers work fine on my PC

Even doing a clean install of and older version of Win 10 before the anniversary update doesnt help
  6. ICE Infinite Win User

Cant connect Xbox One controller Wired to PC Windows 10

OK, I connected the controller to another computer using a USB cord, Which again, caused the controller to rumble briefly and blink slowly as if the controller is not connected to a console, even without batteries.

The computer does not show the controller in the device panel nor Xbox Accessories. It also does not connect and is not recognized via Bluetooth.

I agree with you both in that the problem is most definitely the controller, as i've never had this problem with my Elite V2. But, I currently have no way of updating the old controller via the Xbox One Console's Accessory menu, and I cannot update the controller unless it is effectively recognized by the PC.

Thanks for the assistance,

-H

EDIT: Recently used a friend's xbox to update the controller to the most availible update, yet trying to use the controller this morning it is giving the exact same problems as before.
Thema:

1. my xbox one controller will not connect. my computer doesnt recognize it is connected... - Similar Threads - controller connect computer

2. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  3. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  4. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  5. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  6. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  7. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  8. xbox controller wouldn't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller wouldn't connect: hello i am using windows 10 and im trying to connect my xbox controller to pc, i got it to pair using "devices & printers" in the control panel, and it connects the first time, but when the...
  9. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  10. Xbox One Controller not connecting via usb cable to computer, not showing up in bluetooth...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller not connecting via usb cable to computer, not showing up in bluetooth...: I have this controller from my friend's Xbox One. This controller powers on, but for some reason does not show up in Bluetooth devices on my PC or my phone. If I try to connect the controller via...