my xbox one controller only works while plugged in.

Discus and support my xbox one controller only works while plugged in. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox controller only works while plugged in, while batteries are in the controller it will stay on until i release the power button. i have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Memphis Munro-Dhillon, Dec 7, 2022.

1. my xbox one controller only works while plugged in.

my xbox controller only works while plugged in, while batteries are in the controller it will stay on until i release the power button. i have tried multiple batteries and the software is up to date

:)

Memphis Munro-Dhillon, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If the controller only works while connected this mean that the controller is the issue. We may need to get it replaced.

You can request a replacement for your controller by signing in to this link and submitting the controller's serial number:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

After you have successfully completed the replacement order the shipping label will be sent to you within 24-48 hours.
  3. UnkindLeek31791 Win User

Only Xbox Home button working

I have the same problem. Two controllers. One works fine. The other controller only responds to the power button when wireless. It works fine on USB.

I might have had a stereo adapter (without headset) plugged into one while updating. I wasn't really paying attention because both worked while plugged in via usb.
  4. Gabriel_0605 Win User

Xbox one headset no ingame sound, only "xbox-sound"

Hello, Im using the xbox one stereo Headset.

Also im not hearing any sound while navigating through the console.

I only have one wireless controller, but i tried different headphones plugging them into the adapter on the controller and no sound either. But on my phone both headphones are working.
  5. ironfiber5053 Win User

Audio Static when headset is plugged into controller on PC

The headset works fine in other devices and when plugged into the front audio port on my pc. The static only occurs when it is plugged into my xbox one controller, and the controller port worked fine until I updated drivers.
  6. Martin Burke3 Win User

Can’t play Disney Scene It on Xbox One slim.

Have you plugged in the infra red widget that came with the Scene it game as game does not play with Xbox controllers just the 4 bulbous wireless controllers that came with the original scene it game and they only work with the infra red widget plugged into the Xbox. BUT Xbox ONE DOESNT have anywhere to plug in the Widget so you’re stuffed. ( I found that out for myself a while back)
Thema:

1. my xbox one controller only works while plugged in. - Similar Threads - controller works while

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Razor controller setup for Xbox not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razor controller setup for Xbox not working: The app won’t update when controller plugged in just stuck at 0% 12a45222-049e-4ffd-8172-96ba6b02350f
  4. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  5. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  6. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  7. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  8. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  9. why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?: im playing on a pc and using a cable for my controller and it was working fine and the the other day it just stopped working. ive even gone through every cable i have , and its something lik60 or...
  10. While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...: When I’m using my elite controller, I try to go in the 360 game my mic doesn’t work but if I switch to a normal controller it does work but not with my elite controller...