My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

Discus and support My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PickledThyme258, Jan 11, 2024.

1. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the d-pad acts like arrow keys).

What can I do?

:)

PickledThyme258, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox One controller.

Kindly try to update the controller's firmware using a Windows PC to see if it works according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...and then follow the steps provided. See More.

"Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. KathleenFranco Win User

Xbox One Controller Support In-App - XBOX (beta) App

Hi All,

I dont know if I am missing something but I cannot use my Xbox One controller to navigate the XBOX (beta) App. Works fine with games but I have to use the mouse to navigate the app itself.

All drivers are up-to-date and the controllers have the latest firmware.
    I also have an issue with my Xbox One controller however, it does not work on any of the installed games I have downloaded from the xbox game pass beta for pc. Yet when its a none game pass game, it functions. How to resolve this?
  4. АлександрА Win User

Microsoft Wireless Headset does not work volume ring between voice chat and game on PC (connected via Xbox adapter)

Good afternoon. I tried contacting my companion via Xbox app on two PCs + ran the game via steam. The volume control still doesn't work.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

"game" is not available on your account.

Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please, log out the Microsoft store app and the Xbox app, after this restart the PC and log back in both apps, you have to log in the Microsoft store app with the account that has the subscription active

If this doesn't work please confirm tht you still have Game pass for Pc or Ultimate active

You must also confirm that this games are available on game pass here, as every month some games leaves the library of game pass

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games
  6. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc. - Similar Threads - controller doesn't games

2. Xbox controller doesn't show up why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller doesn't show up why?: I have Xbox series s controller and I want to play with it on pc but whenever I try to connect it doesn't show up. I have gamebird 4.0 Bluetooth dongle. Microsoft please help me. I have windows...
  3. Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.: I will turn on Xbox with the remote and it will automatically keep disconnecting itself. My Xbox and controller are up to date. The only way for it to work is having cord from Xbox to controller....
  4. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...
  5. Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console: I have two xboxes (One S and Series S). This question is for the Series. It came with a controller that was working perfectly until last night when, after I powered it off to take a break, powered...
  6. Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly: Hi! I've just received my new sealed Elite Controller 2 Core and noticed the following defect: The right stick base is not magnetic at all. Left stick is holding okay, but the right one can be...
  7. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...
  8. £50 Standard Xbox controller works flawlessly/£170 Scuf Instinct doesn't!

in XBoX on Consoles
    £50 Standard Xbox controller works flawlessly/£170 Scuf Instinct doesn't!: I noticed that when I plug in the Scuf Instinct via USB into my pc it works, but if I try to later connect it via the Xbox wireless dongle it doesn't work with USB - so vice versa. This I believe...
  9. Controller stick drift - Microsoft doesn't provide any help - only fake forms

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stick drift - Microsoft doesn't provide any help - only fake forms: I bought an Xbox Series X just a little over a year ago, the warranty is still valid for almost 8-9 more months, without being much used, now the controller has stick drift issue, it's been fully...
  10. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: It is June 2023 and still too this date it has been no fix for the ghost keyboard using gamepass mobile in cloud mode. Any game that has custom characterization is pretty much unplayable, if you...