my Xbox One controler wont connect to my PC via USB

Discus and support my Xbox One controler wont connect to my PC via USB in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i've tried 2 different UBS, both of which buzz as if it was charging, but no light. b545e0b1-78f0-4e5b-8244-d14ecfd6f133 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Myron Moris, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Myron Moris
    Myron Moris Guest

i've tried 2 different UBS, both of which buzz as if it was charging, but no light.

:)

Myron Moris, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Myron

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    Are you able to connect or test the controller with a different device?
    For example via Bluetooth to another PC or phone
    Or the opposite, are you able to connect a different controller to your PC to see if the same happens?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. FreakRoach Win User

Play & Charge Kit

Yes it will. You can connect the controller to your PC via WiFi or Bluetooth and can connect via your plug and charge kit to charge the batteries while you're playing.

But for playing on PC you don't even need the play and charge kit, you can just connect your controller via micro USB cable to your PC even if your batteries are drained as while connected via USB it wont use batteries.
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding

Hi Keith, There are two ways to connect an Xbox controller to a PC: with a USB cable or via Bluetooth.

Connect with a USB cable

Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on your PC.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on your Xbox controller.

The controller should automatically connect to your PC.

Connect via Bluetooth

Make sure your Xbox controller and PC have Bluetooth.
    Activate Bluetooth on your PC.

Press and hold the pairing button on the Xbox controller for 3 seconds.

The controller should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your PC.

Select the Xbox controller from the list and click "Connect."

Let me know if the information is still useful.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  5. pasqualeeno Win User

Xbox controllers wont connect to my pc. Via USB

6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox One Elite Series 1 Controller USB Port not working.

I just bought the controller today and tried connecting it to my Xbox one and it wasn't pairing. I then tried plugging it in via USB and nothing happened. I also tried connecting it to my PC via USB and nothing happened. It didn't even connect to
    the Xbox controller wireless adapter for the PC. It is the model 1698 and is out of warranty now. Would I be able to ship it in to get it fixed? Thanks.
    I would return it back to the retailer as defective
Thema:

1. my Xbox One controler wont connect to my PC via USB - Similar Threads - controler wont connect

2. Controller - console wont connect!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - console wont connect!: Hello from a super noob! A friend recently lent me his xbox one original (the one that has the bluetooth thing on the bottom next to a usb slot) without the controller (he lost it, hasnt used for...
  3. Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect: my xbox elite controller series 2 disconnected, is blinking and will not reconnext to my xbox series x, ive tried rebooting and all the usual troubleshooting.. the controller and xbox are about a...
  4. My xbox controller is plugged in but wont connect to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller is plugged in but wont connect to pc: Im trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc, I have it plugged into the usb port. it will not connect, i have tried plugging it into different spots, downloading xbox accesories and...
  5. controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.: I’m experiencing a controller-console issue. my controller has had stickdrift over the past week or so and i decided to try and fix it. without any tools i used simple methods like gently hitting...
  6. Elite controller wont connect to Pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller wont connect to Pc: my elite series 2 controller stopped working not long ago i am on the most updated controller and windows update do you have anything i can do to fix this it works on xbox but not on pc i am also...
  7. Mogo xp5-x plus controller wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mogo xp5-x plus controller wont connect: I had this connected to an old phone and when I got my new phone the controller acts like it is still connected and won't fully reset to allow me to connect. is there a way to reset the...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont connect to PC via USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont connect to PC via USB: Need help with my Xbox elite series 2 controller, it stopped connecting via USB cable. It can still connect through Bluetooth. Any help is appreciated. 4f3707cd-df81-4014-a291-0f03a91d4be0
  9. My xbox wont let connect my controllers and now im stuck on troubleshoot screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont let connect my controllers and now im stuck on troubleshoot screen.: Both of my controllers won't syncronise or connect with USB cable to my xbox one original console. It works completle fine on my computer, but wont do anything on console. The console wont even...
  10. My xbox controller wont connect to my pc neither any other pc "wired"

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox controller wont connect to my pc neither any other pc "wired": I plug in my xbox controller it vibrates but doesn't turn on. I press the xbox logo and it continues to blink, Device ROOT\XBOXCOMPOSITE\0000 had a problem starting. Driver Name:...