My Xbox One cannot connect to Wi-Fi at all

Discus and support My Xbox One cannot connect to Wi-Fi at all in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; My Xbox One cannot connect to Wi-Fi at all Literally the only device is my entire house that can't connect to Wi-Fi is my Xbox One and it's infuriating... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DeadlyPacifist, Feb 25, 2021.

1. My Xbox One cannot connect to Wi-Fi at all

Literally the only device is my entire house that can't connect to Wi-Fi is my Xbox One and it's infuriating as I've tried like hundred different things and nothing is working. It says that everything is fine when I test the network connection but the NAT is always changing between unavailable, moderate and rarely open. I get absolutely no connection speed whatsoever, no download/upload all stats are unavailable and nothing works. It does work with ethernet but I'm unable to keep using it that way as my current setup makes that very annoying and inconvenient so Wi-Fi is my only option. I factory reset my console twice and somehow it actually was able to connect and even get downloads going but it died again and is completely broken. My xbox also just started complaining about uPnP stuff but I have no idea what this means or how to fix it as my router settings don't have uPnP settings at all. I've read many different things and they all talk about things like DNS and DMZ and I don't understand what any of this is or what to do to fix it. My console has literally been useless to me for months and I'm so beyond done and frustrated with it. It really doesn't help that Microsoft has really terrible customer support and you have to run through the same annoying virtual bot **** every time and they always link you to the same support pages which often times don't even touch on the issue or are missing information. I'm at my wits end and so fed up with this.

:)

DeadlyPacifist, Feb 25, 2021
  2. calasp aspinall Win User

Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

If that worked would that prove that the Wi-Fi receiver in the Xbox is at fault ?

As my Xbox series x and Xbox one connect and play perfectly online via the same Wi-Fi
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello DeadlyPacifist, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type.

If it is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Can't get my Xbox to connect through my wireless bridge

So are you using your internal wi-fi or your hooked up to your laptop to connect? If there is a webpage to use then the internal wi-fi adapter won't be able to do that as that xbox cannot access webpages
  5. Seti1121 Win User

Can't connect to DHCP server!

I tried everything as you suggested, but the issue persists. The Xbox One will connect to my mobile hotspot, but not to my Wi-Fi suddenly. My phone, Fire Stick, Xbox 360, and Switch can connect just fine to Wi-Fi.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

If your console is not recognizing the Wi-Fi module, there may be a hardware issue with the console's Wi-Fi component or antenna. The Xbox 360S model was released with built-in Wi-Fi capability, so it should not require a separate Wi-Fi adapter to connect to wireless networks. Check to see if any cables or connections are loose or disconnected. Unplugging the power cable from the back of the console, waiting for 10-15 seconds, then plugging it back in and turning on the console. Check your router's settings to ensure that it is broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal and that the security settings are correct. If your console still cannot connect to Wi-Fi, you can try using an Ethernet cable to connect your console directly to your router.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One cannot connect to Wi-Fi at all - Similar Threads - cannot connect

2. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  3. Cannot connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the wifi: My xbox says the console is connected to the internet but it acts as though i’m not. I’ve tried rebooting and everything. When i try connecting to the wifi it says i’m connected but i cannot...
  4. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  5. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  6. Cannot connect to pc hosted games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to pc hosted games: I've tried to play games such as payday2, 7days to die, Raft, and more recently pal-world with my friends but cant seem to connect to the host. Almost always errors like connection timed out. I've...
  7. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  8. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  9. I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...: I have an old Xbox that couldn't connect so I bought the Xbox X and that wouldn't connect either. I've tried restarting, unplugging for 60 seconds, every troubleshooting option there is and...
  10. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...